Thread: Anyone tried these Regulators ?

MOTY3

Anyone tried these Regulators ?

Price is not bad if they are any good. 1800 psi output good air flow. Does it look like standard bottle side threading ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paintball-45...item3a919b6418

Why on earth would you need 1800 psi output?

Most importantly, I would never trust my life with a reg that no company is willing to stamp their logo on. Buy the real deal for tanks and regs, skip the knockoffs.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    pretty sure these are the same regs found on some empire tanks, and pure energy tanks before them (the 850 psi output version anyways). the asian built reactor regulator...nothing special, but gets the job done and is user-serviceable. if the intention is to use it on a reactive automag valve though, i would get a ninja shp.

in short, fine for mech semi in 850psi output, would not trust for anything else. also the grease they use is junk and will eventually dry out, which will lead to a regulator failure (blown lp burst disk). simple to clean and re-lube with something more suitable though (just make sure it's non-flammable). also, these regulators are about 3/8" longer than the standard ninja regulator, so keep that in mind as it will increase your reach a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGgot View Post
    Buy the real deal for tanks and regs, skip the knockoffs.
    well, tanks with a DOT permit are all tested to the same standard within each class...they should be fine. it's the regulator that makes the difference.
    Last edited by Cyco-Dude; 12-04-2014 at 04:44 PM.

pretty sure that should be 800 psi output.. probably a typo

I don't think it's a typo.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was originally targeted at the air rifle crowd.

Paintball's not the only market that uses HPA.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGgot View Post
    Why on earth would you need 1800 psi output?

Most importantly, I would never trust my life with a reg that no company is willing to stamp their logo on. Buy the real deal for tanks and regs, skip the knockoffs.
    absolutely agree completely !!!!!
    I got stuck with a Mith reg / Knock off years ago . Anyone remember them ? . No writing anywhere on it . It cracked wide open on me while playing.! i nearly crapped myself and could have been seriously hurt ! Its funny to joke about now ,but could have been serious . I would stay with Ninja or similair name brands . Just my 2 pennies

MOTY3
    Thanks for the input... That's why I asked ; )

They indicate that they have a 2000psi output regulator as well. I'm not sure how it reaches 2000psi, since most burst disks on the LP side are rated at 1800psi. I suppose you could put a 3000psi burst disk in and maintain a level of safety. Just make sure you are using a steel braided line if you use something with that high a pressure.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.