Thread: bad day of play--need help!!!

bad day of play--need help!!!

So my tac one took the brunt of a fall while sliding into cover and the some of the thread where the front frame screw goes into the body got shredded out. Now the screw will not grab onto anything when I try to put everything back together. I was thinking of trying to find a slightly longer screw at the hardware store but is this going to cause any issues? Any other possible fixes?
    Last edited by morningstar; 12-07-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Slightly longer screw should be ok as long as it doesn't bottom out.

Drill the hole out and put a helicoil.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
    So my tac one took the brunt of a fall while sliding into cover and the some of the thread where the front frame screw goes into the body got shredded out. Now the screw will not grab onto anything when I try to put everything back together. I was thinking of trying to find a slightly longer screw at the hardware store but is this going to cause any issues? Any other possible fixes?
    measure the frame screw you have now (total length of the threads). if it's 3/4", you are in luck i think. what you want is a 7/8" long, 10-32 button head screw. you'll probably have to get a 1" (since that's all they'll have probably), and cut it down to 7/8" (because 1" is too long). inspect the threads to the body lug also; are they marred or stripped? if so, you'll want to chase them with a 10-32 tap.