Thread: who do you guys use for hydro testing

who do you guys use for hydro testing

need to hydro one of my tanks, who is easiest to deal with? The nearest to me is an hour away and cost $50, I know it can be sent out somewhere for cheaper. Thanks

Look for a local fire extinguisher service place or ask your local fire department where they get their stuff done. $50 is crazy, I was paying $12 and could get the tank back the next day.

Tank Worx in TN.Ive had them done for 20$ to 25$ earlier last year.

Check with the local fire departments and local dive shops. You might even talk to the manufacturer of your tank and see if they can do it. I do know there is a paintball specific hydrotester but the name eludes me, ATM.

I believe this may be what you're referring to http://www.crossfireinc.com. My local place sends their thanks there. I've actually seriously contemplated a custom tank to go with my mag if I get it finished.

Some other options available through Ninja...

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/hydrotest2014.html

Got mine done last month at a place that does Fire station equipment. Had it back the same day cost $25. My local shop wanted $35 I think and it takes 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JKR View Post

i agree with this post

Quote Originally Posted by JKR View Post

I did mine through Ninja as well - had them do some reg swaps at the same time.

If your already concerned about the $50 cost I would not suggest Ninja. You'll spend more than half that on shipping...

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    If your already concerned about the $50 cost I would not suggest Ninja. You'll spend more than half that on shipping...
    you are correct as the ups ground signature required is 15-22 for most houses.

Crossfire charges 25 flat. Ninja charges 24 for just test, extra to remove reg and extra to install reg.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    Crossfire charges 25 flat. Ninja charges 24 for just test, extra to remove reg and extra to install reg.
    we do but we also get your tank done in 3-5 days

no matter who you chose you should get a reg - regs will wear out and need to be replaced or rebuilt every 5 years.

Crossfire is good, but I used my local dive shop last time and they sent them to a manufacturers service.

EDIT: Ninja is right about the reg rebuild, many people don't consider that.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjapaintball View Post

no matter who you chose you should get a reg - regs will wear out and need to be replaced or rebuilt every 5 years.
    If a person pays for removal and install of reg, do you gguys put air in the tank to see if it needs to be rebuild or not?

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    If a person pays for removal and install of reg, do you gguys put air in the tank to see if it needs to be rebuild or not?
    sorry but we do not. we can test the reg but there is a cost with this and if it is not a ninja we do nto have the parts to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjapaintball View Post

Is this based simply on age or average use?
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    Is this based simply on age or average use?
    Both

Even storage and never using it will break the orings down and may cause issues

I use my local shop to deal with hydro. They gather up tanks and send bulk shipments to Ninja for hydro. Fast and more importantly really easy for me.

Ninjapaintball: Is there a lost of exempt from hydro air tanks, small 2" or under. Need to show the shops something to prove it if my small air tank is truely exempt. I havent checked the numbers on it yet.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 12-11-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

I using the Local Chubb Edwards Fire/Alarm, Some Fire/Alarm shops have testing equipment for extinguisher testing and can certify. I was getting my tanks for $5-$7 per tank with a Max of 5 day turn around (all depending oh how many extinguishers had to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    I use my local shop to deal with hydro. They gather up tanks and send bulk shipments to Ninja for hydro. Fast and more importantly really easy for me.

Ninjapaintball: Is there a lost of exempt from hydro air tanks, small 2" or under. Need to show the shops something to prove it if my small air tank is truely exempt. I havent checked the numbers on it yet.
    Sorry s there is not a list and it is up to the filler or hydro tester to determine if it is 2" or less and does not need to be hydro tested.

There is alot of piece of mind in letting a paintball specialty shop like Ninja Paintball take care of your hydros and valve rebuilds. I doubt the $7 special comes without any type of special care...properly cleaning the reg and tank threads and certainly no replacement of worn out orings. I have a Ninja 68/4500 that is up in 12/15 it is going to Ninja for sure to be tested and get a new valve.