Thread: size of trigger set screws on an RPG 90 frame

size of trigger set screws on an RPG 90 frame

Hope someone can help me with this:

I recently acquired an RPG 90 frame which did not have any set screws in the trigger.
    So I am therefore looking for the correct size set screw I can use on the (standard) trigger an RPG 90 frame comes with.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help!

Do the screws from the kam 86 fit? If so, its 4:40.

I have some nylon tipped 4:40, 6:32, & 8:32s

Quote Originally Posted by blamtro View Post
    Do the screws from the kam 86 fit? If so, its 4:40.
    I'll try it out to see if they fit and i'll let you know - thanks for the idea (could've thought of that ony myself too... )

I believe but cant confirm that the rpg uses bigger screws then my frame/trigger
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    I believe but cant confirm that the rpg uses bigger screws then my frame/trigger
    That is correct. Just tried one and the screws from yours are smaller...
    I tried one from the trigger in my devilmag frame. It fit perfectly... now, if I only knew the size of the trigger set screws on that one...

Does anyone know the actual size needed?
    (I'd just go to a hardware store with the trigger... but the next one is a 20k drive away so Iam trying to avoid getting different sizes online just to try them out...)

up - someone must know specs on the set screw for a (standard) trigger on an RPG 90 frame? please?

Really? Nobody knows the size of the trigger set screws on an RPG 90 standard trigger or Devilmag 90 stdrd trigger?
    Don't have various sizes of set screws here in order to try this out through trial and error and would therefore greatly appreciate any input someone might have.. thanks in advance!

See if the screws if any of the screws I sent you for the M86 fit. I know they will be the wrong type but let me know if some fit. I'm thinking the pneumatics mounting 6-32 cross head screws or the 8-32 pneumatics mounting set screws I can get you the correct screws. Pm me if you need me to chase you some screws.

It's going to be the more common screws. Start with a 4/40 and work your way up. Or, take a trip to a hardware store that has open bins of screws and grab one and thread it in. If i had a RPG 90° frame, i would tell you, but i prefer Tuna, Magnus and Niche branded products.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    It's going to be the more common screws. Start with a 4/40 and work your way up. Or, take a trip to a hardware store that has open bins of screws and grab one and thread it in. If i had a RPG 90° frame, i would tell you, but i prefer Tuna, Magnus and Niche branded products.
    He is in land of metric. Germany & Austria. I sure its not so simple

He is in land of metric. Germany & Austria. I sure its not so simple
    I had thought about that, but like how we have some metric, it is possible that he too would have some standard or i should say, SAE thread. Wish i could have a better answer than hunting, hut till someone steps up with actual, we only have speculation.

Yup. The land of metric it is...
    that doesn't mean I can't get any SAE threaded screws thpugh... no hardware store nearby either.
    I'll start buying some online and I'll do it through trial and error. I will update this thread with the info once I find the right size.
    Thanks for all the input so far.
    Last edited by flampaint; 12-24-2014 at 04:40 AM.

See if the screws if any of the screws I sent you for the M86 fit. I know they will be the wrong type but let me know if some fit. I'm thinking the pneumatics mounting 6-32 cross head screws or the 8-32 pneumatics mounting set screws I can get you the correct screws. Pm me if you need me to chase you some screws.
    Thanks. I'll try them out as soonas I get them (takes a bit longer this time of year for items to arrive via USPS).
    I'll def let you know if I need some more. Thanks!

I've found that good source here in europe for those hard to find imperial threaded screws are stores specializing in RC hobbyist related material like planes, quad copters or cars etc.

Just found a nice online store specialized in screws, etc. with imperial threads...
    http://www.zollshop.de/

Anyone know if the set screws would be UNC (coarse) or UNF (fine) threaded?

From the looks of the thraads in the holes of my trigger I'm guessing they're UNC...

Just E-mail Rouge roguefactor@pblegion.com and go right to the man who made the "Chimera" frame. along with the splinter trigger. I think he even had set screws for his ultralight Intelliframe, nylon tiped and all.
    I just checked mine and their 6-32, length ? I don't know.
    Last edited by Runamok; 12-25-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

so. I finally found the right size through trial and error: 6/32 and aprox 1/4" length ( a bit shorter would be ideal).
    Thansk to everybody who chimed in on this!

Quote Originally Posted by flampaint View Post
    so. I finally found the right size through trial and error: 6/32 and aprox 1/4" length ( a bit shorter would be ideal).
    Thansk to everybody who chimed in on this!
    Need any nylon tipped 6/32s? have them in that size.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Need any nylon tipped 6/32s? have them in that size.
    saw this only now...
    yes I do! PM'in you right now...
    Thanks!