Thread: 3D printing by KNM Printshop----Disscusion

3D printing by KNM Printshop----Disscusion

made a new thread the other one was too unorganized.

any ideas or something you want made hit me up
    I print in ABS (the stuff your car bumper is made from),
    PLA(google it. more rigid than ABS)
    15% PLA carbon fiber (I have an emag battery top made from it.)

let me know what you want made.

if you have the design or STL file ready speeds things up and lowers the pricing.

Start posting, im making things for people all over the world.
    of course im not at high volume, but if it can be done I will make it.
    please do not expect parts made to compare to Luke' Customs or Xmagterror machining. they produce aluminum parts
    these parts are comparable to plastic, the carbon fiber parts are very similar to carbon parts or carbon fiber parts.

-frames will work.
    -rails will be designed with all safety standards and specs.
    -bodies will be made to work to specs.(if you have the cad, I am not releasing bodies to people at this time)
    -*** valves will not make
    -***barrels I will not make.
    -feednecks tell me what you want ill tell you if I can do it
    -forgrip
    - non gas thru no problem, designs are infinite
    - gas thru needs more than plastic to work, I can get it done just let me know.
    -***ASA's I will not make
    - drops ill make depending on design.

anything custom just ask. we can figure it out.
    thankyou,
    KNM.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 12-16-2014 at 10:27 PM.

has a threaded feed tube ever been attempted? if so how well do they handle getting shot?

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    has a threaded feed tube ever been attempted? if so how well do they handle getting shot?
    I have no experience with this, but trying to do fine threads like angl metric feedneck threads would need an insert to be a viable option. But the feedneck is not the issue, its having the bolt hammer in the body. The aluminium bodies, whether aftermarket or AGD, all need the SS insert to maintain body integrity. A twist lock barrel will work, but what about having cocker threads? Its a dream, but won't work in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    I have no experience with this, but trying to do fine threads like angl metric feedneck threads would need an insert to be a viable option. But the feedneck is not the issue, its having the bolt hammer in the body. The aluminium bodies, whether aftermarket or AGD, all need the SS insert to maintain body integrity. A twist lock barrel will work, but what about having cocker threads? Its a dream, but won't work in reality.
    there are ways to getting this to work, yeah inserts and such would need to be used.
    ill be testing them if I design a feedneck.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha_q_up23 View Post
    no it hasn't, trying to get the design work off the floor. it would hold up fine to getting shot.

carbon fiber material run and tested comes out amazing.
    ill throw pic of the emag battery top that has been done in this awesome material.
    next im going to be testing steel filament and magnetic iron filament.

I'm going to tinker with a design and get back to you. Here's the thought:

A snap-on stock class feed for ULE bodies.

I think (but may find that I'm wrong) that such a thing can be done. instead of threading, just a small flange or pair of fingers inside the feed hole on the body. Then use a shape like the old AGD raised sight rails with a plastic (and thickness) that is just flexible enough to allow it to snap on but holds it firmly in place.

I suppose an alternative would be to not deal with the flanging inside the feed hole, and instead put a small set screw somewhere into it like the old sight rails. I was hoping to have no gap or raised rail between the ULE body and the feed tube, though.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    I'm going to tinker with a design and get back to you. Here's the thought:

A snap-on stock class feed for ULE bodies.

I think (but may find that I'm wrong) that such a thing can be done. instead of threading, just a small flange or pair of fingers inside the feed hole on the body. Then use a shape like the old AGD raised sight rails with a plastic (and thickness) that is just flexible enough to allow it to snap on but holds it firmly in place.

I suppose an alternative would be to not deal with the flanging inside the feed hole, and instead put a small set screw somewhere into it like the old sight rails. I was hoping to have no gap or raised rail between the ULE body and the feed tube, though.
    yeah I have one of those designed already.
    just havnt fine tuned it yet.

Well if you're already well down the path, I won't bother trying to re-invent the wheel. Any idea of when you'd expect to get it fine tuned and into "production?"

Well if you're already well down the path, I won't bother trying to re-invent the wheel. Any idea of when you'd expect to get it fine tuned and into "production?"
    no time soon sorry.
    other stuff is keeping me busy
    I can try to do a test this weekend.
    but I don't have air to test what it does when it gets shot my paint.

*Santa I would like a shoebox compressor.

can you throw up a rendering? i'd love to see what you have drawn.

also, i convinced the wife to let me keep a 20lb bulk tank of CO2 in the basement with a beverage regulator on it to make her bubbly water. little does she know that i sometimes use it to test out co2 friendly paintball setups.

can you throw up a rendering? i'd love to see what you have drawn.

also, i convinced the wife to let me keep a 20lb bulk tank of CO2 in the basement with a beverage regulator on it to make her bubbly water. little does she know that i sometimes use it to test out co2 friendly paintball setups.
    im at work. but ill see what I can do.

3rd Printer came in today.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    3rd Printer came in today.
    Now we know why he wont be at Tunaball .....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Now we know why he wont be at Tunaball .....

lol no one to watch the 5yr old.

wife is in CA im in SD

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    lol no one to watch the 5yr old.

wife is in CA im in SD
    Well bring the offspring, there will be other children (and their moms) there .

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Well bring the offspring, there will be other children (and their moms) there .

lol we are working on him playing nice with others.