Thread: Long term emag battery storage

Long term emag battery storage

Reading recent threads, I've taken to the advice of others and am removing the batteries from the emag battery cases I have for a long-term storage situation. Keep in mind that these are old AGD battery packs.

The upside of this obviously is that in the event of eventual complete failure of the battery the aluminum parts of the battery pack are not damaged. The challenge I am asking about is that in doing so, the batteries are completely exposed to the world, meaning a potential complete failure doesn't have the battery pack to take the brunt of the damage.

I searched the forum, and did a quick google search without much luck. Anyone here have any guidance on how to store and what to store the open batteries in for long-term storage, keeping in mind older packs that have a not unreasonable potential to finally meet their ends?

Thanks!

Put the batteries into a plastic container. That will keep any leakage from getting out to somewhere you don't want it. They aren't lithium based cells, so catching on fire is highly unlikely, so you won't need a metal storage container to prevent explosion or fire.

If you want to protect the batteries, keep them at full charge. You should have them on a trickle charger for a day once a month to maintain them.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.