Thread: RT Classic questions...

RT Classic questions...

HI everyone,

I just picked up an RT Classic and Am thinking about the airlines I want to run. I can go with SS hose, but I wanted to maintain that classic look. Since I would have to have a custom one for the bottom line, I might as well do something custom for the top line to. I guess my question is where can I get the parts and what parts would I need to recreate the hard line that came on the RT Classic originally? Are they some sort of Compression fitting?

Thanks!!

Normal macroline fittings, 1/4" OD brakeline or aluminium hose(try to get something with a 1K+ burst rating), a brakeline bender and a lot of patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Normal macroline fittings, 1/4" OD brakeline or aluminium hose(try to get something with a 1K+ burst rating), a brakeline bender and a lot of patience.
    Oh, cool. Do you know if a fitting like this would work only in 1/4 in: http://co2reg.com/index.php/industri...sion-tube.html
    Last edited by Stayhuge; 12-16-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    That should be 1K+ working or max pressure. The burst rating should be up around 3K.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

This is all academic, but use new fittings if possible. I have heard that the CCM fittings work nicely.

I bought a brand new hard line from Tuna earlier this year for one of mine.

McMaster has 3000 psi WORKING pressure 6061 1/4" od line Just make sure you use new fittings, used ones seem to be hit or miss.