Thread: ? makes ya wonder

? makes ya wonder

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
    I took the road least traveled...now where the hell am I ?

Yes. You seen through their ruse. Soon the black cars will come for you. Send me all your guns, so they don't get them.

Hate to pop the bubble of intrigue, but the con in congress comes from the Latin root for together, not the same as the popular dichotomy of pro vs. con. The gress comes from the root gredi, which means walk. Hence, congress literally comes from the root "walk together," which is the Latin word congredi.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    Hate to pop the bubble of intrigue, but the con in congress comes from the Latin root for together, not the same as the popular dichotomy of pro vs. con. The gress comes from the root gredi, which means walk. Hence, congress literally comes from the root "walk together," which is the Latin word congredi.
    Oh look at mister egghead. I know latin, i am flexing the big brain on the actual meaning instead of a perceived one. Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Oh look at mister egghead. I know latin, i am flexing the big brain on the actual meaning instead of a perceived one. Sarcasm
    Actually I just felt like being a jackass and ruining all the fun. Google taught me Latin in about .05 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Yes. You seen through their ruse. Soon the black cars will come for you. Send me all your guns, so they don't get them.
    I'll wait for the black helicopters.

Hey you guys in the peoples republic of new Jersey can't be trusted with guns according to your rulers.

So I'll take the guns razmataz !

No, we can have them if we want. Its just the jumps, hurdles & the wait, that kills the desire. So then we just jump the border to Pa and get them there.

I don't worry about Black SUV's that's just Hollywood. It's the green Yugo that pulls up to my yard sale that gets me twitching. Dark sunglasses at night means your Ray Charles, or too drunk to notice the sun's gone down. "You can have my gun, when you help me remember where in the backyard I buried it!" And "Walk together" is what congress does as they go to the bank with all their campaign contributions.