Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ULE Body with snap on stock class feed tube?

Was just tinkering a bit before getting to work this morning, and thought that it might be interesting if a 3/8 or full width picatinny could be drawn into the adapter. Some good old iron sights, as long as the printing resolution was high enough, would also be cool, except that the distance between front and rear sights might be too short...

Made it out to the field to play four or five games with this set up. In terms of function, look and performance, it performed flawlessly. There isn't a single thing I'd modify or change out. You just have to remember to not let your barrel condom string get stuck between the feed tube and the body of your mag, else it might start to pry the thing off. However, that same quick-unsnapability made it super easy to throw my little hopper back on after I got overshot for the third time by all the kids shooting axes.

Overall, if you're looking to add a little more challenge to your ULE pump setup, this is a must have.

Now if I could only find 10rd tubes that performed half as well as this thing, I'd actually have some paint to shoot when I was out there!

im going through some stuff, wife wise. :/
    but I am trying to keep up with products,
    problem is I have to find the file of the snap on feed you are using.

so there the problem lies.
    finding stuff I hide from myself.

but just to let everyone know I am looking and working on this.
    so if it is something you must have let me know. volumes speak volumes when it comes to finding stuff.

thank you and always I know nothing...

KNM

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Time to buy another one.....

I know it is a necro reply,
    but im doing it(buying another printer). at this ones seems to be tits on.

This is great news! I still want two of these in black..........I'll be looking forward to your purchase

Ryan, if you find you need it. I still have the version of the file I worked on. It wouldn't take into account any changes you made after I was done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

I would like 2 of these as well. I don’t know if it’s possible but a clear option would be nice, so i can see when I’m down to last ball or 2??
    If not black would work great!

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Ryan, if you find you need it. I still have the version of the file I worked on. It wouldn't take into account any changes you made after I was done with it.
    there is a taper I put in that wasn't part of what you helped me with. that I could see anyways.
    because the feed tubes have a tapered thread.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    there is a taper I put in that wasn't part of what you helped me with. that I could see anyways.
    because the feed tubes have a tapered thread.
    that makes sense. I think I remember you telling me about that.

I know it is a necro reply,
    but im doing it(buying another printer). at this ones seems to be tits on.
    What printer are you getting, and how many tits are we talking about here?
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    What printer are you getting, and how many tits are we talking about here?
    lol forgot I typed that.
    resolution of this one can be tuned down to 11 microns. the company says 25 microns, but I know a few things.
    its call the BIG BOX by E3D.
    they are an awesome company, they are very high quality.
    and if they hit there 200k goal, they will implement sensors instead of probes. it looks to be very promising, (for an at home printer under 2000$

when I find my file with the taper in the feed hole, ill print a bunch here at work to get these out to people.

Interesting. Looks like they already hit 200k.

Be careful of projects like these. E3D's good at making hotends, but these 3d printer guys have a bad habit of biting off more than they can chew. Whenever someone yells "no compromises!", it's a huge red flag.

Interesting. Looks like they already hit 200k.

Be careful of projects like these. E3D's good at making hotends, but these 3d printer guys have a bad habit of biting off more than they can chew. Whenever someone yells "no compromises!", it's a huge red flag.
    200k pounds
    they arn't the only ones in this project. they have some big time backers

200k pounds
    they arn't the only ones in this project. they have some big time backers
    Oh lol.

If they had big time backers, they wouldn't need Kickstarter. That's the reality of the situation, and reality is catching up to these crowdfunding projects now.

Just be careful. Hope for the best, but expect the worst. Watch for the red flags.

If you've got money jumping off of you, then sure, go for it.

Oh lol.

If they had big time backers, they wouldn't need Kickstarter. That's the reality of the situation, and reality is catching up to these crowdfunding projects now.

Just be careful. Hope for the best, but expect the worst. Watch for the red flags.

If you've got money jumping off of you, then sure, go for it.
    oh yeah no I get what you are saying.
    big time backers as knowledge base, not financial, is what I meant.

yeah I will be holding back. for a while.

found the file.
    printing two variations out to see if im ready to get at least some of these out there.

How did it turn out? Excited for this to come to life.

anyone have a vert/ warp left/ warp right tac one they would be willing to send me?

thoughts on the cartoonish version?
    Name:  stock round.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  26.1 KB
    Name:  stock round.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  24.4 KB

that looks good,, and really liking the rail.

pm you.

ABS, the orange...
    is more flexible than the PLA I was using, still holds the body the way I intend it too.
    remember if this was meant to be anymore difficult to remove from the body than it is, it would wear the body finish very quickly.

Name:  tactical.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  15.2 KB
    I know its not the riht tactical profile,
    but if I get some donation tac1 left right and vert, ill make stock class mounts
    they will secure with nylon tipped set screws

anyone have a vert/ warp left/ warp right tac one they would be willing to send me?
    I have a extra wl and wr I could send you

Just need 1 of them could get the cad and testing done in a weekend. Let me know

Just pm me a address

I think you're going to get body finish wear regardless what you do. You get a little bit of dirt or sand in there and boom, that's the end.

Anyways, just had an amusing thought... have you ever used flexible filament?

I've been printing stuff with Sainsmart TPU; it's flexible but still fairly rigid (definitely more rigid than Ninjaflex, which makes it slightly easier to print with). It bends but doesn't stretch (much).

I think you're going to get body finish wear regardless what you do. You get a little bit of dirt or sand in there and boom, that's the end.

Anyways, just had an amusing thought... have you ever used flexible filament?

I've been printing stuff with Sainsmart TPU; it's flexible but still fairly rigid (definitely more rigid than Ninjaflex, which makes it slightly easier to print with). It bends but doesn't stretch (much).

yeah there will be body wear.

I need people to know that for sure.

yeah I use flexible stuff all the time.
    it helps to use a good hot end and a good setup.

but that's what im pushing into soon.
    my printer is being jerk so I have some teching to do tonight.
    so ill run a fresh print tonight when im done.

photo of the tactical stock class feeder

video to show its nice a slide.

We CAN have nice things, as long as we stop using feednecks-as-structural-components!

That is so tactical, u don't even know.

What did you use for the picatinny spec? I've found... issues with the "official" mil spec.

We CAN have nice things, as long as we stop using feednecks-as-structural-components!

That is so tactical, u don't even know.

What did you use for the picatinny spec? I've found... issues with the "official" mil spec.
    went off grab cad, tac one body, m4, m16,

thinking of oversizing just a bit and letting the nylon tip set screw(s) take up the slack.

you are being sarcastic right? about the tactical comment.