Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: ULE Body with snap on stock class feed tube?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    went off grab cad, tac one body, m4, m16,

thinking of oversizing just a bit and letting the nylon tip set screw(s) take up the slack.

you are being sarcastic right? about the tactical comment.
    Yes, yes, I r kid u. "Tactical" stuff always makes me laugh for some reason.

So anyways, I really should try taking my own advice every once in a while. All this talk reminded me of an old project...

I wanted a quickly removable, adaptable car camera mount and had settled on Picatinny. However I was stuck on trying to figure out how to make a printable quick-release mating attachment...

Sorry for bad photo quality; unfortunate consequences of liking black.

Those are printed in black flexible TPU. It actually holds pretty well and is still quickly removable since it's, you know, flexible. Next version will have some recoil bars baked into it to help prevent it from sliding.

Not sure if it would be rigid enough for a cram 'n jam, but just food for thought.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Yes, yes, I r kid u. "Tactical" stuff always makes me laugh for some reason.

So anyways, I really should try taking my own advice every once in a while. All this talk reminded me of an old project...

I wanted a quickly removable, adaptable car camera mount and had settled on Picatinny. However I was stuck on trying to figure out how to make a printable quick-release mating attachment...

Sorry for bad photo quality; unfortunate consequences of liking black.

Those are printed in black flexible TPU. It actually holds pretty well and is still quickly removable since it's, you know, flexible. Next version will have some recoil bars baked into it to help prevent it from sliding.

Not sure if it would be rigid enough for a cram 'n jam, but just food for thought.
    I was thinking my orange uprint plus abs material was the MOST tactical

Anymore news with the snap on ule stock feeds. If I'm remembering you were twiking it a bit. I want a couple of these as well. I'm not sure if it's a smart move to have my ule body powder coated. Would this pose problems with your current design? Before you mentioned that it was a tight fit where wear on the body will happen, which I interpret very tight tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Anymore news with the snap on ule stock feeds. If I'm remembering you were twiking it a bit. I want a couple of these as well. I'm not sure if it's a smart move to have my ule body powder coated. Would this pose problems with your current design? Before you mentioned that it was a tight fit where wear on the body will happen, which I interpret very tight tolerance.
    waiting for my ule body to get back to me
    I could push that tolerance for you but it will increase the price for your part.
    as it would for anyone with custom fitments.

I'm also trying to make a practical version that will work with the Tac 1 body. WL/ WR and Vert,
    close just have to see how it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    waiting for my ule body to get back to me
    I could push that tolerance for you but it will increase the price for your part.
    as it would for anyone with custom fitments.

I'm also trying to make a practical version that will work with the Tac 1 body. WL/ WR and Vert,
    close just have to see how it comes out.
    Sounds good. Extra fee for tolerance adjustment is no problem as long as it's reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Sounds good. Extra fee for tolerance adjustment is no problem as long as it's reasonable.
    yeah for sure,

I just need to get these out to the public, its been too long,

the divorce threw a huge wrench in to the works,( which is still not final)
    and then I had corrupted files so I had to start over.

but I just really need to get this out.

then I can work on getting metal parts to people.

ive got what looks to be the final designs for the snap on ULE body adapter, and the adapter for a vert feed tac one body.

now I'm just waiting for my fixed Printer to get back to me.

once that comes back which should be soon, ill be getting these out.
    meanwhile I'm going to be designing a new part for warp type bodies.