Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ULE Body with snap on stock class feed tube?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ULE Body with snap on stock class feed tube?

what do you think?
    snaps on to a ule body
    you thread in your 10 round CCI cram N jam tube and go.

CCI tube is not threaded all the way in so that's why it look like it does.

People Interested:

KNM-Vert body version
    skipdogg-PF body version
    barkingspider- 2x black vert
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 04-29-2015 at 08:29 AM.

cool
    I was just thinking how i could turn one of my pumps (stock class) and you went an made this
    you cooked this up from the Printer i gather ?
    came out cool ! what is going to keep it from spinning/shifting around ? I would think you have a small threaded ,low pro-type collar in the feed hole ?
    Much like Spec ops did with the long bow adapter ? except you don't thread it into your adapter,its just their to support it

Quote Originally Posted by NU_METAL View Post
    cool
    I was just thinking how i could turn one of my pumps (stock class) and you went an made this
    you cooked this up from the Printer i gather ?
    came out cool ! what is going to keep it from spinning/shifting around ? I would think you have a small threaded ,low pro-type collar in the feed hole ?
    Much like Spec ops did with the long bow adapter ? except you don't thread it into your adapter,its just their to support it
    yes working on that exact solution right now.

I may bring it to work and do a pull test on it to see what the punds of pressure it take to rotate it.
    don't need to do it but need to see.
    * side note as of right now it doesn't just spin.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 12-20-2014 at 11:42 PM.

man ,that clips on there tighter then i thought
    I forgot the center of a ULE is sort of a rounded off square shape so that helps to keep it centered (clipped on tighter)
    helping to keep it from shifting or spinning
    Keep up the good work

I've been looking at doing this for awhile. I don't have access to a printer though. Just mills and lathes at work. Decided it was too much to make it worth while that way. Looks good!

I would love one of these for a HL/HR SS body. If those ever make production please let me know.

its going to be a cram and jam for now.
    I can always later on change stuff up in a different design and do something different.

That's a pretty cool idea. I bet it would be useful for someone not wanting to buy a warp feed body also.

You could also basically make another ring that went around the stock class tube and clipped on to the back part of the body. That would increase overall stability, and if you made it snug enough it would also help to prevent any potential twisting (and people worrying about twisting). It would also be bullet-proof that way. Right now, the thing may come off if it gets hit by a direct shot towards the back end of the feed tube; with another anchor point, it wouldn't budge.

When can we buy these?

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    You could also basically make another ring that went around the stock class tube and clipped on to the back part of the body. That would increase overall stability, and if you made it snug enough it would also help to prevent any potential twisting (and people worrying about twisting). It would also be bullet-proof that way. Right now, the thing may come off if it gets hit by a direct shot towards the back end of the feed tube; with another anchor point, it wouldn't budge.

When can we buy these?
    its not the twisting im worrying about,
    its if it rotates around the body.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    its not the twisting im worrying about,
    its if it rotates around the body.
    rotating around the body like a helicopter blade or a like an over-under shotgun spinning around the axis of shooting?

the rear clip would address the helicopter effect. as long as the clips are just long enough to make contact with the rail (particularly a standard AM/MM rail), the over-under spin would be addressed. the real clip would only play a small effect.

how about this.?

input?

I like it, seems beefier.
    Last edited by barkingspider; 01-08-2015 at 12:34 AM.

looks ready to field test. i'll volunteer as a beta tester!

i will say that i like the look of the first one better than the second one though. the girth of the upper diameter seems massive and sort of degrades the sex appeal of the trim stock class mag. it also still seems to me that you need something further back to prevent twist and also to compensate for downward pressure applied to the top of the CCI feed tube towards where you'd feed the balls in. repeated wiggling or downward bumps on that part of the tube seems like it might degrade the threading on the clip mount to the point that it's useless and no longer holds the feed tube sufficiently.

that said, i get that the whole thing needs to be pretty beefy to stand up to game after game.
    Last edited by zulubravo44; 01-08-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Looks great. Love the idea and execution.

Quote Originally Posted by sjrtk View Post
    Looks great. Love the idea and execution.
    thanks,
    these types of support really help.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    looks ready to field test. i'll volunteer as a beta tester!

i will say that i like the look of the first one better than the second one though. the girth of the upper diameter seems massive and sort of degrades the sex appeal of the trim stock class mag. it also still seems to me that you need something further back to prevent twist and also to compensate for downward pressure applied to the top of the CCI feed tube towards where you'd feed the balls in. repeated wiggling or downward bumps on that part of the tube seems like it might degrade the threading on the clip mount to the point that it's useless and no longer holds the feed tube sufficiently.

that said, i get that the whole thing needs to be pretty beefy to stand up to game after game.
    noted. and working on the final of this.
    I will include a buffer for the rear of the cci tube. so there is downward force resistance.
    ill work on aesthetics when I get fit finished.

Oh man......we were so close

I hope the problem is only temporary, seems like you mentioned getting this printer not too long ago.

I would enjoy two for ULE bodies, although haven't decided cram jam vs 10 rd tubes. I hope you can fix the printer.
    Last edited by barkingspider; 01-25-2015 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Oh man......we were so close

I home the problem is only temperary, seems like you mentioned getting this printer not too long ago.

I would enjoy two for ULE bodies, although haven't decided cram jam vs 10 rd tubes. I hope you can fix the printer.
    working on it more tommorw.
    I hope I can fix it, if not I have new nozzles coming in, so that should fix it.

its a clog, just no support on how to fix this more than what I have found.

the replacement nozzle should fix it.
    here is hoping.

printing now

Looking nice!

looks even sturdier than it was last version, awesome. can't wait to get into it. great work.

pm sent, want two in black

Was just tinkering a bit before getting to work this morning, and thought that it might be interesting if a 3/8 or full width picatinny could be drawn into the adapter. Some good old iron sights, as long as the printing resolution was high enough, would also be cool, except that the distance between front and rear sights might be too short...

This is great news! I still want two of these in black..........I'll be looking forward to your purchase

I can't wait for these to work the kinks out. I'd like a couple black ones.

Here it is all set up. I originally had a 15 rd CCI tube on there, but it pressed against the lens of my mask when I aimed it. So, I cut about 1.5" from the back to get the fit just right.

Name:  IMG_2836.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  126.1 KB

It holds 12 with a tiny bit of wiggle room now (counting one in the chamber).

Everyone with a ULE pump mag ought to get one of these set ups so they can jump into SC and modified SC play. It feels so sneaky...
    Last edited by zulubravo44; 04-29-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Just pm me a address

I think you're going to get body finish wear regardless what you do. You get a little bit of dirt or sand in there and boom, that's the end.

Anyways, just had an amusing thought... have you ever used flexible filament?

I've been printing stuff with Sainsmart TPU; it's flexible but still fairly rigid (definitely more rigid than Ninjaflex, which makes it slightly easier to print with). It bends but doesn't stretch (much).
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.