Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ULE Body with snap on stock class feed tube?

ULE Body with snap on stock class feed tube?

what do you think?
    snaps on to a ule body
    you thread in your 10 round CCI cram N jam tube and go.

CCI tube is not threaded all the way in so that's why it look like it does.

People Interested:

KNM-Vert body version
    skipdogg-PF body version
    barkingspider- 2x black vert
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 04-29-2015 at 08:29 AM.

cool
    I was just thinking how i could turn one of my pumps (stock class) and you went an made this
    you cooked this up from the Printer i gather ?
    came out cool ! what is going to keep it from spinning/shifting around ? I would think you have a small threaded ,low pro-type collar in the feed hole ?
    Much like Spec ops did with the long bow adapter ? except you don't thread it into your adapter,its just their to support it

Quote Originally Posted by NU_METAL View Post
    cool
    I was just thinking how i could turn one of my pumps (stock class) and you went an made this
    you cooked this up from the Printer i gather ?
    came out cool ! what is going to keep it from spinning/shifting around ? I would think you have a small threaded ,low pro-type collar in the feed hole ?
    Much like Spec ops did with the long bow adapter ? except you don't thread it into your adapter,its just their to support it
    yes working on that exact solution right now.

I may bring it to work and do a pull test on it to see what the punds of pressure it take to rotate it.
    don't need to do it but need to see.
    * side note as of right now it doesn't just spin.
    Last edited by knownothingmags; 12-20-2014 at 11:42 PM.

man ,that clips on there tighter then i thought
    I forgot the center of a ULE is sort of a rounded off square shape so that helps to keep it centered (clipped on tighter)
    helping to keep it from shifting or spinning
    Keep up the good work

I've been looking at doing this for awhile. I don't have access to a printer though. Just mills and lathes at work. Decided it was too much to make it worth while that way. Looks good!

I would love one of these for a HL/HR SS body. If those ever make production please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by skipdogg View Post
    I would love one of these for a HL/HR SS body. If those ever make production please let me know.
    Not sure what you mean sorry. Pm me.

Maybe he means powerfeed bodies with the feed tube taken off? I like that idea

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    Maybe he means powerfeed bodies with the feed tube taken off? I like that idea
    oh yeah.
    if that's the case yes I will do that next once I get this one finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    oh yeah.
    if that's the case yes I will do that next once I get this one finalized.
    Yes! That is what I was talking about

Nice.

The whole rotation/retention thing is a bit of a humdinger, isn't it?

Perhaps consider (ab)using the detente holder in this case...
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoatBoy View Post
    Nice.

The whole rotation/retention thing is a bit of a humdinger, isn't it?

Perhaps consider (ab)using the detente holder in this case...
    oh no holding it in place isn't a problem.
    my biggest problem is finding time to work on the design. work just got super busy

That's pretty sweet. I'd buy one as it is (if it feeds properly, of course). What do you feel is left on the design?

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    That's pretty sweet. I'd buy one as it is (if it feeds properly, of course). What do you feel is left on the design?
    finding the time to work one it first off. lol
    and securing it to the body. which I know how to do, just hard to find the time

What about making it slide on the body instead of snap, kind of like an old sight rail? And you would be able to get some more meat since it wouldn't need to have the flexibility?

Awesome idea! Looks great! PMd questions.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by keiko_819 View Post
    What about making it slide on the body instead of snap, kind of like an old sight rail? And you would be able to get some more meat since it wouldn't need to have the flexibility?
    the way ule bodies are toward the feed neck hole, its not cylindrical anymore in that area, has a square face to it. and I use that to contain the "snap on legs" so the part isn't able to slide forward or back very easily

finding the time to work one it first off. lol
    and securing it to the body. which I know how to do, just hard to find the time
    In the video, it seems pretty secure. I'm sure once there's a rail attached to the body, the side-to-side play will be less of an issue, since the legs will hit the rail and prevent rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by bbotts77 View Post
    In the video, it seems pretty secure. I'm sure once there's a rail attached to the body, the side-to-side play will be less of an issue, since the legs will hit the rail and prevent rotation.
    I will probably test this fully Saturday night. gota get my freakin tanks filled closest place is 70 mins away.

is this going to be a cram & jam or an adapter for other stockclass feed tubes?

You know, there could be another market with the T2 shooters out there as well...
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

its going to be a cram and jam for now.
    I can always later on change stuff up in a different design and do something different.

That's a pretty cool idea. I bet it would be useful for someone not wanting to buy a warp feed body also.

You could also basically make another ring that went around the stock class tube and clipped on to the back part of the body. That would increase overall stability, and if you made it snug enough it would also help to prevent any potential twisting (and people worrying about twisting). It would also be bullet-proof that way. Right now, the thing may come off if it gets hit by a direct shot towards the back end of the feed tube; with another anchor point, it wouldn't budge.

When can we buy these?

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    You could also basically make another ring that went around the stock class tube and clipped on to the back part of the body. That would increase overall stability, and if you made it snug enough it would also help to prevent any potential twisting (and people worrying about twisting). It would also be bullet-proof that way. Right now, the thing may come off if it gets hit by a direct shot towards the back end of the feed tube; with another anchor point, it wouldn't budge.

When can we buy these?
    its not the twisting im worrying about,
    its if it rotates around the body.

its not the twisting im worrying about,
    its if it rotates around the body.
    rotating around the body like a helicopter blade or a like an over-under shotgun spinning around the axis of shooting?

the rear clip would address the helicopter effect. as long as the clips are just long enough to make contact with the rail (particularly a standard AM/MM rail), the over-under spin would be addressed. the real clip would only play a small effect.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    rotating around the body like a helicopter blade or a like an over-under shotgun spinning around the axis of shooting?

the rear clip would address the helicopter effect. as long as the clips are just long enough to make contact with the rail (particularly a standard AM/MM rail), the over-under spin would be addressed. the real clip would only play a small effect.
    not the helicopter effect

yes to the second part. lol, that's what im working on getting figured out.
    I got a super cool surprice in the email the otherday. and it has been keeping me busy.
    I get distracted so easily. :P

how about this.?

input?

I like it, seems beefier.
    Last edited by barkingspider; 01-08-2015 at 12:34 AM.

looks ready to field test. i'll volunteer as a beta tester!

i will say that i like the look of the first one better than the second one though. the girth of the upper diameter seems massive and sort of degrades the sex appeal of the trim stock class mag. it also still seems to me that you need something further back to prevent twist and also to compensate for downward pressure applied to the top of the CCI feed tube towards where you'd feed the balls in. repeated wiggling or downward bumps on that part of the tube seems like it might degrade the threading on the clip mount to the point that it's useless and no longer holds the feed tube sufficiently.

that said, i get that the whole thing needs to be pretty beefy to stand up to game after game.
    Last edited by zulubravo44; 01-08-2015 at 08:51 AM.