Thread: Feedneck suggestion

Feedneck suggestion

My hopper is constantly coming into contact with my visor, which is irritating. I currently have a CCM low feedneck on the gun (basic RE ULE with t-stock). I'm wondering if a higher feedneck would give me the clearance and if anyone has any suggestions.Name:  Mag.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  72.0 KB

Photo doesn't show the current feedneck, just the basic layout of the gun.
    Thanks

best thing to do would be to take pic how you play. most people run the stock size feedneck.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    best thing to do would be to take pic how you play. most people run the stock size feedneck.
    I guess I can get a picture when I get home. I keep the stock short, so it's shorter than it would be if the tank was mounted instead.

What loader are you using? Swapping feednecks isn't gonna change much for you if you are playing that far up on the gun. swapping out a loader that has a more centered neck will probably do more for you. Other than that i suggest to not hold your marker like my grandma does a steering wheel. Right up on it!

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    What loader are you using? Swapping feednecks isn't gonna change much for you if you are playing that far up on the gun. swapping out a loader that has a more centered neck will probably do more for you. Other than that i suggest to not hold your marker like my grandma does a steering wheel. Right up on it!
    It's a Rotor. I've seen lots of people play up pretty tight with their guns and they don't seem to have an issue. It certainly helps when shooting from cover and since I am, err...not small and not fast, I need every advantage.

I note that in relative terms, another gun I have (Etha) has the feed neck a little farther forward on the gun so there is no contact. I can play with it fine but I prefer the "gunliness" of the Mag.
    I could go with tank-on-gun but that always feels like I've got a gun mounted on a `57 Chevy. I dunno, maybe my head is just too big for the gun.

Playing tight is one thing. Playing so tight your mask is consistently hitting your loader is something else. Your also losing a substantial amount of field of vision if its that close. Not saying you're wrong. There is no wrong way in this sport as long as your respectful to it and having fun. You could always switch over to a 100 round pico loader. Won't change the forward distance much. But the overall size is fairly significant.

You could also look at a different ASA or drop to change the height up or down. Then you maybe looking over or under your loader more than now.

Quote Originally Posted by dboggs79 View Post
    You could also look at a different ASA or drop to change the height up or down. Then you maybe looking over or under your loader more than now.
    Yes, I've tried a few different options but everything so far has been less than ideal.

I actually find that having it close works better for my eyes. I tend to get less doubling of vision, but of course I know that is relative to my eyes only. What can I say; I'm an old guy.

From what I'm hearing it seems the best option might be to to just suck it up and lengthen the stock slightly for clearance and then maybe shorten the barrel to compensate for the extra reach. I'll give that a try next time out.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by 38super View Post
    From what I'm hearing it seems the best option might be to to just suck it up and lengthen the stock slightly for clearance and then maybe shorten the barrel to compensate for the extra reach.
    I used to have a compact design with a drop forward that put the bottle under the gun and I was always hitting my mask on the back of the gun. So, I installed a bottom ASA so that the bottle sits behind the handle, and I still hit my mask on the back of the gun. My vision dictated how I looked behind the gun. No matter what kind of drop I used, I found my body adjusted so that my head always reached for the area directly to the rear of the gun.

I suggest that you find a position that allows you to hold the gun comfortably so that your head is in the right position naturally, and then practice by holding the gun so your head position doesn't move from that position.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

In all respect, unless you remove the hopper from the gun. Using a warp body, then using a warpfeed, q loader or a halo or prophecy modded for side feeding; your only option is to either remove the visor or cut it down a bit, till its comfortable for you.

Stock class pump! Nuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    In all respect, unless you remove the hopper from the gun. Using a warp body, then using a warpfeed, q loader or a halo or prophecy modded for side feeding; your only option is to either remove the visor or cut it down a bit, till its comfortable for you.
    That's probably what I;m going to have to do. Since I don't want to change my shooting stance/head position, I'll either cut the visor down or remove it and see what that does. Also maybe tank on gun with an extender and a shorter barrel. I do love the t-stock though.

Follow up:
    Problem solved. Turns out it was the mask that was causing the issue. Changed from JT Spectra to Empire E-Vents and no more visor contact. What a difference!
    Thanks for all the help.