Thread: Magazine Scan: PGI Feb 2001: Warpfeed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Magazine Scan: PGI Feb 2001: Warpfeed

AO: Nobody was kind enough to send me a few magazines to scan to upload into the AO archive. After reading a few magazines I really wish we could go back to 2001-2002

*Some of the pictures look kind of weird, but thats what was printed in the magazine.

Time flies...
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

That time was special, as some of the things now is so alien than 13 years ago. Tourney teams using revies and guns were milled. So many choices of guns and equipment. So long ago...

I think the period in the early 2000s before SP's patent shenanigans was the golden age of the sport. So much innovation, out of the box thinking, and before big conglomerates sucked up so many of the small companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I think the period in the early 2000s before SP's patent shenanigans was the golden age of the sport. So much innovation, out of the box thinking, and before big conglomerates sucked up so many of the small companies.
    Damn right

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    That time was special, as some of the things now is so alien than 13 years ago. Tourney teams using revies and guns were milled. So many choices of guns and equipment. So long ago...
    guns arn't milled today?

does anyone know if ravi's place is still hosted somewhere? always fun to read his old reviews. EDIT: oh nice, MCB still hosts it: http://mcarterbrown.com/ravi/
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Ravi pops into the Oldschool paintball guns facebook group from time to time, too.

In the late 90's and early 2000's, I used to love going on PBReview to see what new stuff was coming out and what new innovations there were. By about 2k4, every "new" marker looked exactly like something already out there and every "innovation" was just a supposed improvement on existing tech. I stopped looking for anything really new in the sport.

Question

Never could get into, or understand why, someone would use a warp feed.

Such a giant, terribly unbalanced, way to feed a gun.

To each his own I guess.

one of my favorite things about the warp feed is that everyone else can see the balls being fed with the lighter color shells and the new ptp warp hose can also be seen thru in bright light.

Tunaball is a bunch of Automag enthusiasts getting together at Topgun Paintball in Cream Ridge NJ.

Last one Mr Kaye came.

Lots of fun.

Alan, with everything, there is a mix of advantage & disadvantage. Warps, while i have barely used one, gives the player the sight over the top, lack of a blimp on top(for possible hopper hits) & whatever else a warp player likes. They may be heavier in shear mass, but not unblanaced.