Thread: $70 Splash in Michigan?

$70 Splash in Michigan?

Tough to make out the pattern (red/gold to me) but it is cheap so why not.

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/spo/4844556195.html

Wish I could find one of them down here in Ohio. Might contact him anyways. Unless you snatched it up already.

No, anything I post here, I pass on, give him a call, see what he says.

just texted with him. it's still available, but he got kinda quiet when i asked him when the last time he shot it was.

Kinda looks like splash camo from the pics I am looking at. Barrel looks scratched all to hell.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    just texted with him. it's still available, but he got kinda quiet when i asked him when the last time he shot it was.
    so...what, you think it just doesn't work? that's no big deal. or that it's not his?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Kinda looks like splash camo from the pics I am looking at. Barrel looks scratched all to hell.
    i dunno, it could just be the splash pattern. the picture is too small to really see anything one way or the other. gotta love tiny craigslist pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    so...what, you think it just doesn't work? that's no big deal. or that it's not his?
    I tend to find asking a few questions helps to weed out the less than legal for sale items on CL. Plus, it'd be about an hour drive to go grab it, and I'd like to know a bit more if I'm going to get out there just to find it's been seized up in a box for a decade.

Hey Zulu, I'm also in SE Michigan. What field do you play at. I usually go to Lone Wolf's indoor in Clinton Township.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    hmm...i guess. i'll give him the benefit of the doubt though. seems to at least know what he's got. also, look at the shoes he's wearing...he likes nicer things. i think it's legit.

lol at least, that's what i think when i see that picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    hmm...i guess. i'll give him the benefit of the doubt though. seems to at least know what he's got. also, look at the shoes he's wearing...he likes nicer things. i think it's legit.

lol at least, that's what i think when i see that picture.
    I think so too, but someone wise once said to "trust but verify."

Quote Originally Posted by fz6soldier View Post
    Hey Zulu, I'm also in SE Michigan. What field do you play at. I usually go to Lone Wolf's indoor in Clinton Township.
    This time of year, I sometimes venture to Killer in Romulus if I'm feeling adventurous. The guys running it are cool, but the place is a dump. I just like that they mix it up between speedball and their indoor "barrelgrounds" field.

When the weather is a bit nicer, I tend to go to Futureball (can't beat BYOP, and they're the nicest that I've met in MI so far), Hell's, Action (in Taylor; the owner lady is a mean one, but her refs are good and the fields are fun). I played at LW Outdoor East once; it wasn't bad, but my newly built pump was acting up that day so it tarnished my experience. It was also SUPER busy.

I heard LW Indoor is tiny and they don't enforce chrono. A friend of mine (new-ish to paintball) took a new Milsig there out of the box. When he went to Killer the next time, he was chronoing in the mid 360s. I wasn't with him when he was LW, but he said no one ever even asked him what he was shooting. Yes, I agree that safe chrono speed is a personal responsibility and he was in the wrong, but the fact that no one ever even approached him about when he pulled the thing out of the manufacturer's box scares me a bit.

From my experiance Lone Wolf usually chronos your group one time, then you're are on your own. So it's possible that some people may slip in after chrono. The refs are really nice but can be lazy. The indoor field is small, but the outdoor fields are a lot of fun. It's funny because my friend was also telling about the mean old lady in Taylor.

You guys turned this into an ebay auction, without any of the transparency. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    You guys turned this into an ebay auction, without any of the transparency. Good job.

My bad, i found this on my daily craigslist search and posted it to the facebook group. Forgot to search yesterday in the morning so I missed it then. had no idea it was posted here as well.

I run my own searches nation wide daily because i am determined to never miss another 100 dollar emag...
    Last edited by ascent; 01-15-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ascent View Post
    My bad, i found this on my daily craigslist search and posted it to the facebook group. Forgot to search yesterday in the morning so I missed it then. had no idea it was posted here as well.

I run my own searches nation wide daily because i am determined to never miss another 100 dollar emag...
    No worries. I'm just being cheeky. It's the guy selling it that's turning it into an auction after going back on a virtual handshake we made.

Would have been a nice grab for that thing for $70.

If you feel like making it up to me, let me know what you pass on in MI and northern OH.

Will do man. Honestly don't find things often. found a 50 dollar e2 eblade in florida once that a facebook member of autococker bst got... missed the Emag that was right near me for 100 bucks by about 5 minutes.

It is shady for him to go back on it like that. I would not care how good of a deal something is, i don't deal with bad people. He is going to find out really quick that people will drive a few hours for a great deal, but will not for an 'okay' deal. and especially not if you keep upping the price on them. that thing will sit for a while, i guarantee it.