Thread: micro mag

micro mag

i was tinkering with one of mine tonight(the one that would rt uncontrollably on an 850 tank) and I noticed there is a lot of tork on the back of the body from the valve when firing. its easily visible and I was wondering if they all do it or do I have a problem. its a gen 3 with a l7 retro valve.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    what do you mean? like the valve turns itself loose?

as for uncontrollable rt, sounds like you have the wrong on/off pin installed. measure it...i bet it's way shorter than .750".

no the valve stays tight, the whole back end of the body look to be flexing when the valve cycles. I've gotten the rt effect under control by adjusting the trigger rod but mainly changing the power tube spacer like MAGgot said to do in an older thread.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    power tube spacer has nothing to do with the rt effect though? i have no idea about any flexing man...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    power tube spacer has nothing to do with the rt effect though? i have no idea about any flexing man...
    that's what I thought but it still did it after I adjusted the sear rod and it quit running wild when I put a shorter spacer in it.

I think maybe that was the thread where I said to go down a PT spacer size to eliminate chuffing. If I recommended that for reducing RT I may have been on crack, but if it works then sweet!

I have never heard of any flex in a Micromag. It's a pretty solid hunk of Aluminum on the rear of the body, I can't imagine there would ever be any flex. My guess is that the sharp "recoil" from the shot is giving an optical illusion of flex.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MAGgot View Post
    If I recommended that for reducing RT I may have been on crack...
    crack is slang for "automag", right? i think we're all on that!