Thread: ULE Mainbody Idea.

ULE Mainbody Idea.

So i've talked to a few people about getting something going but wanted to see if i'm just crazy or it's actually a neat idea. I had this thought not to long ago...with all of these ULE bodies on the market for Automags, wouldn't it be cool to have a ULE Automag body made that utilized one of AGD's most signature features...the twist lock barrel instead of Autococker threads?

Thoughts?

You'd have to do something different with the feed neck. There wouldn't be much left to screw the feedneck into once it was machined for the twist lock. You might be able to get away with mounting one similar to the Helios bodies. Flat liner did make an aluminum twist lock body for his red smear rt classic. If you do some digging you'll find a picture in the motm threads.

Or you could make a new twist lock that had a smaller diameter back?

I still want a powerfeed aluminum twistlock body

warp feed twistlock would be good also

I know it would up the cost on the finished product due to likely more machine time and bigger billets needed to start with, but now that the new empire (old ego?) style feednecks are the flavor of the month (instead of the threaded on style), wouldn't they solve the feedneck problem? Of course, you would still be at the mercy of finding center feed TL barrels or modding R/LF ones. . .

Exactly, the cost would be far too high. The Helios bodies are the price they are because they're ran from round stock that's already basically on size. That cuts the cost way down.

There may be a market, but I would think rather small. With the prevalence of barrel kits, unless someone started to produce either a TL kit or started making TL Freak backs again I can't see it being more than a niche market within a niche market. Or someone will need to produce smaller bore TL barrels.

My .02cents.

or someone could start making .688 paintballs again.

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    or someone could start making .688 paintballs again.
    wouldn't that be refreshing?
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

MOTY3
    I'm sure if there was enough interest XMT could do it? He is already making Ule bodies, just leave out the threads for twist lock???

100 dudes would be like "OOOH YEA"
    maybe 5 will actually fork over the $200+ for one.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    100 dudes would be like "OOOH YEA"
    maybe 5 will actually fork over the $200+ for one.
    Exactly. Everyone wants to come to the party, no one wants to stay and clean up.

I have no interest at all in twist locks or power feeds.

They make it tough to actually want play with an Automag, especially when you have other newer markers,

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Exactly. Everyone wants to come to the party, no one wants to stay and clean up.
    their are a ton of example of this here.
    carbon fiber one piece bodies. etc

I think I bought 6 of the 12 made?
    and still have 4 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I have no interest at all in twist locks or power feeds.

They make it tough to actually want play with an Automag, especially when you have other newer markers,

well there is one thing we agree on

Power feed doesn't do it for me either, but I'm kind of stuck with the twistlocks like them or not because vert feed does about as much for me (read: nothing) as power feed, and I haven't been able to justify putting up the $$$$ to have two right feed ULE bodies made just to get the one I would probably only need.

TL;DR - same old song; great ideas, no market, too expensive to justify making.

Well i guess that this thread answered that question lol I thought it would be a cool idea...I wonder what the cost would be to do a run of them nonetheless.

I've always been a fan of TL barrels. I'd love to see it happen, but I don't see the practicality. Then again, I suppose with a product like this you aren't going for practicality, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by SN toter View Post
    I've always been a fan of TL barrels. I'd love to see it happen, but I don't see the practicality. Then again, I suppose with a product like this you aren't going for practicality, so there's that.
    Exactly!