Thread: (3) AGD 6 Packs

(3) AGD 6 Packs

Not sure if they are for sale/working/nonworking or what.

Name:  ZgvrTzJ.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  44.1 KB

A guy posted to reddit asking if anyone remembered these things saying they are hanging on the wall where he works.

I did a little internet sleuthing and figured out exactly where they are (i think)

They are at (deleted per zulz's suggestion)

The owners have not yet been approached by anyone asking for them to sell the 6packs, so there is really no point of contact over there. The employee seems to think that they have been 'decommissioned" whatever that means.. I have posted to their facebook wall asking about them but have not received a response yet.

Lets not turn this into a bidding war, gentlemen.
    Last edited by ascent; 01-21-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ascent View Post

A guy posted to reddit asking if anyone remembered these things saying they are hanging on the wall where he works.

I did a little internet sleuthing and figured out exactly where they are (i think)
    You're some kind of research magician.

Is it beyond the capacity AO humanity to make the following suggestion?:

Since you found them, you act as the key point of contact for seeing whether any of them are even for sale/functional. You also get first dibs on one, assuming that at one or more are for sale/functional.

Pending your findings, we internally manage a process to determine who is interested at the given price point for the remaining available/functional ones. If more people are interested than there are available/functional 6 packs, you arbitrate some sort of negotiation among the interested parties. Interested people can make trades or whatnot for the right to purchase the available ones among themselves until there are the same number of interested purchases as available units.

Am I talking crazy talk, or can we agree on this? Is it already too late, with word of their location spread on facebook, etc.?

It's already on FB. These have been going down in price it seems. IIrc several have been selling in the <$200 range. While not cheap they don't seem to be fetching the $300+ the once did.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    You're some kind of research magician.

Is it beyond the capacity AO humanity to make the following suggestion?:

Since you found them, you act as the key point of contact for seeing whether any of them are even for sale/functional. You also get first dibs on one, assuming that at one or more are for sale/functional.

Pending your findings, we internally manage a process to determine who is interested at the given price point for the remaining available/functional ones. If more people are interested than there are available/functional 6 packs, you arbitrate some sort of negotiation among the interested parties. Interested people can make trades or whatnot for the right to purchase the available ones among themselves until there are the same number of interested purchases as available units.

Am I talking crazy talk, or can we agree on this? Is it already too late, with word of their location spread on facebook, etc.?
    I can be on board with that.

All evidence of where they are has been wiped from the internet (probably mostly).

I have left them a note on their facebook, and will continue trying to contact them until i get an answer for the two questions below:
    Are they working?
    Are they for sale?

If the answer to either of these is 'no' then i'm leaving it alone.

Who want's to get in line? I have no idea how many there actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    It's already on FB. These have been going down in price it seems. IIrc several have been selling in the <$200 range. While not cheap they don't seem to be fetching the $300+ the once did.
    I put it on facebook. but the location is now removed due to the concerns outlined above. I doubt many people who aren't me would be able to find the location.
    Last edited by ascent; 01-21-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Its a cool item, but you know what killed it? Wide adoption of constant air. There is a visceral feeling of loading and the ejecting a spent 12vie, in such a furious manner, but is it better than what we have now? Is it really worth it when some of the wear pieces let go cause its now 25 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Its a cool item, but you know what killed it? Wide adoption of constant air. There is a visceral feeling of loading and the ejecting a spent 12vie, in such a furious manner, but is it better than what we have now? Is it really worth it when some of the wear pieces let go cause its now 25 years old?

I'm getting word from folks local to the area that they will never sell them.

Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by ascent View Post
    I'm getting word from folks local to the area that they will never sell them.

Shame.
    Shame indeed. I'd be in line if anything materializes. Just had a deal on a Micro CA drop through.