Thread: Carterized Mag? Helpful input welcome!

Carterized Mag? Helpful input welcome!

I just rescued this from craigslist, and having looked at some Carter pics on google, I'm wondering if that's what I have here. I've never seen a sight rail drilled into a Mag body, or a rail quite like it. I haven't opened it up or gassed it yet, but the barrel is stuck, so it's coming apart at some point. I've got a Medusa frame, and a Steel Wind barrel that may find their way onto it

Name:  mag 1.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  17.8 KB
    Name:  mag 2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  18.5 KB
    Name:  mag 3.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  17.4 KB

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i think it's taso.

The rail looks very much taso to me. My pumpmags got a. Taso rail.http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/...pse483ddf1.jpg

Now the site rail makes me think carter. Best bet would be to email carter and ask him.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

"That's not a Carter, it's a TASO!"

the vent holes at the breech also make me think Carter. This is something he was doing to cockers a long time back.
    Shall we call it a Carterized Taso?

Tried to buy that one months ago when the guy asked why the value was on pbnation never got back to me.

I always wondered how they secured those site rails...

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    I always wondered how they secured those site rails...
    When I saw it, I was trying to figure out the same thing! Apparently, the body is thick enough to hold the threads.

Cougar, that red pump turned me green (envy). After seeing that, I agree that it's probably a TASO rail. I REALLY wish this one was milled for pump, I'd be doing some very cool things with it!
    Last edited by b-cuzz; 01-22-2015 at 11:22 PM.

Update:

Ok, I haven't e-mailed Earon yet, but I'm betting it's his work. You really can't tell in the pics, but that's a chrome-plated WGP mag frame on there, and the bolt is an aftermarket one (gold, slightly longer nose in the center of the small venturis, and crosshairs on the back). I've got it mocked up with one of those old GIANT foregrips with the knurling at the bottom, and a pristine stock black AGD bull barrel. I sandblasted the sight rail, lower rail, and vertical adapter today, and they'll be going to Caustic to get matched up to the barrel and grip. I plan to get the frame re-chromed, and leave it there.

Basically, I want it really nice, but I want it to still have the nostalgic look and feel. I'm open to suggestions on barrels, too. Whatever it gets is going to have to be black to show off the milling on the body, though.

I'll post up more/better pics will be up when I get a chance, I'm pretty excited about this thing!

Quote Originally Posted by b-cuzz View Post
    Update:

Ok, I haven't e-mailed Earon yet, but I'm betting it's his work. You really can't tell in the pics, but that's a chrome-plated WGP mag frame on there, and the bolt is an aftermarket one (gold, slightly longer nose in the center of the small venturis, and crosshairs on the back). I've got it mocked up with one of those old GIANT foregrips with the knurling at the bottom, and a pristine stock black AGD bull barrel. I sandblasted the sight rail, lower rail, and vertical adapter today, and they'll be going to Caustic to get matched up to the barrel and grip. I plan to get the frame re-chromed, and leave it there.

Basically, I want it really nice, but I want it to still have the nostalgic look and feel. I'm open to suggestions on barrels, too. Whatever it gets is going to have to be black to show off the milling on the body, though.

I'll post up more/better pics will be up when I get a chance, I'm pretty excited about this thing!
    you should see what he had in the works about a year ago.
    it was awesome, im sure its done by now, its not out for us type AGD guys but man he did the mag justice.

More pics after blasting the faded and scratched anno off, and blending out the worst of the dings with needle files. I might try to take the rest of them a little further, and then blast it again to make it even.

Name:  IMG_0122.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  102.6 KBName:  IMG_0123.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  107.3 KBName:  IMG_0124.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  87.4 KBName:  IMG_0125.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  94.2 KBName:  IMG_0126.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  89.9 KB
    Last edited by b-cuzz; 02-14-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Come to find out, the frame was actually chromed, and when I took the grips off, it were a WGP

Name:  IMG_0127.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  97.0 KBName:  IMG_0128.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  97.3 KBName:  IMG_0129.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  106.6 KBName:  IMG_0130.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  85.1 KBName:  IMG_0131.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  75.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0132.jpg