Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why do i have such a hard time on MCB?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    When shipping International, I always ship:
    As a gift
    With a $20-$40 price tag no matter what it is.
    No invoices (never do anyway)
    All parts are identified as Parts kits, AGD parts kit, or aluminum replacement parts.
    Being vague and very unprofessional packaging helps the process along because customs will normally open and inspect the contents.
    I've never had an issue and have shipped around the globe.
    What do you mean "as a gift?" Is this in reference to Paypal payments or a box that you check on the customs form?
    Someone recommended to me recently that when doing international deals, always have them gift the payments because it protects you (seller) from being scammed on the back end (the buyer receives the item, claims not to have received it because it can't be tracked, get's money back, seller does not get the item).
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

"Gift" can be a paypal payment or a customs declaration for shipping International. My statement is in reference to shipping.

i was mainly referring to any issues that may arise from shipping something internationally( damaged parts, lost parts, customs keeping it etc, feedback).

i have had several deals lately that were out of country and seemed smooth. but as a whole i have been leaning towards doing the majority of my business in the states. there have been several people that i have shipped to in the past that have people regularly ship to them and i use that person as a 3rd party and basically claim that once my item reaches that location then we are good. i assume the 3rd party to open and repackage the box to ensure it was all shipped.

To KNM going forward... you can just say that you ship all packages using XXX and that way the buyer can ask you to change to company ZZZ. That way there is no ambiguity.

MCB'ers talk a lot of fluff, but business is where it all hits the fan (and there is crossover in here as well, let's face it).

You will find guys that talk all buddy-buddy and wanna be your best friend and this and that, and they even come with great references and guys vouching for each other, but ultimately will screw you first chance they get. And it will be YOUR fault.

Protect yourself in the ring at all times.

Assume anyone responding to you is a total freaking idiot, lay out all terms and conditions up front, and most importantly, never risk anything you're not willing to lose.

Personally, in this case, I would proudly accept the negative feedback, and then go all Johnny-letter explaining the situation openly so everyone could see. Because transparency only hurts dishonest people.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    And Canadians wonder why no one wants to sell to them. Every deal I have tried to do with someone in Canada has ended with problems. Between the shipping costs, the fees, lack of tracking, lost packages...in the end it just isn't worth it.
    Aww we've dealt before and it went smooth! The first sale I made on this site was to you haha. Only downside was it started an online addiction!

I live in Canada and have never really been dinged with high prices (luck of the draw, maybe?). I hope KNM's issue doesn't sour anyone from shipping here, we need our mags!! Buddy is being a dink, let him give you negative feedback, give him negative feedback, post a link to this thread and let people see he's being a dink. All good man!!

Quote Originally Posted by OneSelfLost View Post
    Aww we've dealt before and it went smooth! The first sale I made on this site was to you haha. Only downside was it started an online addiction!

I live in Canada and have never really been dinged with high prices (luck of the draw, maybe?). I hope KNM's issue doesn't sour anyone from shipping here, we need our mags!! Buddy is being a dink, let him give you negative feedback, give him negative feedback, post a link to this thread and let people see he's being a dink. All good man!!
    can I go back on my good faith idea to split fees?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    Are you talking about splitting the customs fees?
    I would say no, those are import taxes, you don't live in Canada, why would you offer to pay them?
    If he wanted something specific he should have said so up front. If he leave's negative feedback just respond and explain what happened then move on, you didn't do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Are you talking about splitting the customs fees?
    I would say no, those are import taxes, you don't live in Canada, why would you offer to pay them?
    If he wanted something specific he should have said so up front. If he leave's negative feedback just respond and explain what happened then move on, you didn't do anything wrong.
    I agree with Luke here, it's his problem. You did an A+ job of shipping quick, the rest is on him.

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    No, you are not at fault here. Whoever should have specified how it should have been shipped. As what has been said, you are not importing anything. If anything, if the buyer doesn't except it, you loose the shipping, but will get the item back. You might get NEG feedback, but again, explain yourself and those that wish to deal with you, will then have to decide. 1 black mark is not a bad thing. 10, is a nother matter.

So again, its up to you on if you wish to pay for it, though you could put to screws to the guy if you asked for shipping costs, which it is. Or you could just wait till you see proof that there is such a fee.

But the biggest question is, are you going to go back to MCB?