Thread: Bolt won't fit?

Bolt won't fit?

Hey guys,
    New to the forum!
    Been building/collecting markers for a while but new to mags. Slowly been picking up pieces here and there online and have amassed quite the mag parts bin... time to piece them together.

So I set aside some time tonight, pulled everything apart and decided which parts should go on which guns etc etc (will be some potential cool builds to come) but upon trying to get one of the classic mags together and aired up, I stumbled upon a strange issue. This one marker came without the bolt and when i tried to put one in.. it wouldn't fit through the inner washer/spacer/spring seat/whatever the actual name is called (theres a joke in here somewhere).

I tried 3 different lvl7 bolts thinking maybe I was missing something, but none of them can pass through into the breech.

So my question is... were there any bolts released that had a smaller OD than the lvl7's? wouldn't make much sense as the barrels would need to be smaller too.. possibly lvl 5?

Body is a classic stainless left hand power feed (which I know came after lvl5) but all I can think of is perhaps they may have welded a power feed afterwards? or perhaps they could have welded in a different washer/spacer/spring seat/thingy (if so they did a pretty clean job of it)

Any ideas?
    I can get another body fairly easy but am almost more curious now than anything.

can provide pictures if you think that would help.

Jordan

pics helps

Check that the washer isn't banged up or mushroomed on the inner edge. It happens from time to time and can cause the hole to be a smaller diameter than it should be. You can take a round file and file off the material that gets pushed in where it shouldn't be.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Is the valve an old field rental valve?

Hey guys thanks for the fast replies.

Will take another look today when I get back to where they are being stored. Will snap some photos and see if that helps any.

The pieces (with exception of a few) are likely pretty mis-matched to begin with so I doubt the bolt is the original one that came with the valve and body.
    I'm thinking that if the washer is prone to distortion then that is the likely cause, I'm assuming that if a round file can help with this then tolerances aren't that much of a concern?

If memory serves, the valve is just labeled as a classic. No rental stamp/engraving.

thanks again. Pics tonight (hopefully)

I have had one that was so built up with old paint and corrosion that I thought the body washer was beat up. I thought I was filing on the washer but I was just getting down to stainless.
    Last edited by Spider-TW; 01-28-2015 at 09:24 AM. Reason: llllll

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Is the valve an old field rental valve?
    That will only affect the ability to install a level 10 bolt. A level 7 bolt will always fit in both the standard and rental valves. The body and washer is independent of the valve and is the same on all mags, except of course the RT.

So pictures took a little longer than expected but with the flash it was actually much easier to see what was going on in there. Clearly some distortion in the lower half of the back of the washer and from the front it looks like it has mushroomed out a bit.
    Name:  IMG_20150201_221528.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  27.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20150201_221602.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  24.8 KB

I'm cool to just file this down?

Its fine to file it down. You should carefully file it all around the inside so that it stays round. Try to keep it even so that the bolt doesn't get pushed to one side more than the other.