Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: since the cockers guys getting some love maybe we can too?

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    sending this response in PM because dayspring will ban me for your response to it.
    See? We're learning already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    See? We're learning already.
    that you will ban me for someone elses actions.

yup. got that.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

sending this response in PM because dayspring will ban me for your response to it.
    No need. You have nothing I'm interested in hearing. Keep it to yourself.
    Last edited by OPBN; 02-05-2015 at 03:04 PM. Reason: because when I type fast it comes out sounding like Chinglish.

that you will ban me for someone elses actions.

yup. got that.
    I said it was between you and Nobody. See what happens when you read what you want and not what was actually written? (It goes both ways...)

Quote Originally Posted by opbn View Post
    it has more to do with your insulting demeanor. We are not a bunch of ignorant noobs that need you to come save the day with your knowledge. You consistently talk down to people and insinuate that our viewpoints are either irrelevant or stupid and it gets old. You did some stupid barrel test a decade ago and it doesn't make you an expert on anything. Learn to just walk away if you don't have anything germane to add to the subject.

Let me say this clearly " just because someone disagrees with you does not make them wrong or their opinions any less relevant". Knock it off and you won't get into pissing matches in every thread you come into.
    qft!

Quote Originally Posted by p8ntbal4me View Post
    The solenoids were very expensive :-(
    I had been poking around on the solenoid duty cycle curves and figured out what size I would like to try. I started looking around for it and found out you could only get one off the shelf if you order something like 50, with no real discount. "Well that stinks". Then P8nt shows up on AO with some. I'm wondering where he found his. Then I see a pic of his 50 solenoids.

As a one off, it didn't make much sense as a personal project.

I think the unibody/rail system is an important decision for the intended market. Unibodies are pretty for what they are, but the rail system is more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    I had been poking around on the solenoid duty cycle curves and figured out what size I would like to try. I started looking around for it and found out you could only get one off the shelf if you order something like 50, with no real discount. "Well that stinks". Then P8nt shows up on AO with some. I'm wondering where he found his. Then I see a pic of his 50 solenoids.

As a one off, it didn't make much sense as a personal project.

I think the unibody/rail system is an important decision for the intended market. Unibodies are pretty for what they are, but the rail system is more flexible.
    That is the key. Do you want flexibility or cleanliness of design? Each one, unibody and with rail, has its own merits. The overriding factor is in the design time and mill time. AFAIK, there is no advantage of the unibody over the rail.

Look at Nobody staying on topic

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Look at Nobody staying on topic

This guy gets it.

What were we talking about again?

Well, a divergent tangent had us talking all about the possibilities and feasibility of producing a run of "private label" or a reproduction of some classic Mag bodies.

But overall, unless a benefactor comes in, throws down some $25K on a production run, with the ability to sit on the unsold ones, it will be hard to get a project of this magnitude off and running, no matter all the good intentions or even the help of all of the mag community.
    Last edited by Dayspring; 02-05-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Well I guess from the general sounds of things a new complete mag ready to go is like someone capturing Bigfoot or the lochness monster.I will however keep some glimmer of hope for a new custom mag one day.
    I will say I'm greatful for XMT and Luke's contributions to the mag community and look forward to more in the future.

The biggest segment of the Automag market is most likely NOT on AO and has never heard of it. Tuna tells me that all the time, and judging by the amount of work I get nowadays off of Facebook from players who don't know about AO I tend to agree. AGD has sold thousands of valves over the years, and I imagine that the majority of them are in guns. Where are they all? They certainly are not here. The big hurdle is how to reach those customers. I would say off hand through AGD, but then again they don't do much to dispel the rumors of their own demise either..

I would have to agree that there must be a large segment of the AGD community not here on AO. Just take into consideration the lack of parts that we see in the BST's. I am sure there were hundreds of each set of colored rails, VASA's, barrels etc, as well as splash kits and "private label" markers, but you rarely see them pop up. They have to be somewhere and they don't seem to be here. So either they are all hiding in peoples closets, or just with people not active online.

The biggest segment of the Automag market is most likely NOT on AO and has never heard of it. Tuna tells me that all the time, and judging by the amount of work I get nowadays off of Facebook from players who don't know about AO I tend to agree. AGD has sold thousands of valves over the years, and I imagine that the majority of them are in guns. Where are they all? They certainly are not here. The big hurdle is how to reach those customers. I would say off hand through AGD, but then again they don't do much to dispel the rumors of their own demise either..
    Yeah, the concept of an online forum is getting to be a stretch for the youngsters. Even when they find AO, many don't snap to the idea of searching the threads for what they want, even though they know search engines well enough. Facebook is getting old as well.

BE, you need to couple your videos to an instagram account, if you haven't already. I wouldn't know about anything on instagram, other than I could find my kids on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-TW View Post
    Yeah, the concept of an online forum is getting to be a stretch for the youngsters. Even when they find AO, many don't snap to the idea of searching the threads for what they want, even though they know search engines well enough. Facebook is getting old as well.

BE, you need to couple your videos to an instagram account, if you haven't already. I wouldn't know about anything on instagram.
    Hoping to get back into the video thing when the weather warms up. You know me, I don't keep my opinions to myself.

Instagram is only for oogling pics of half naked hot chicks. Or so it seems to me.

Instagram is only for oogling pics of half naked hot chicks. Or so it seems to me.
    Pics that have been horribly mangled by filters that are trying to mimic what you got from badly made film cameras and lenses back in the 60-80's...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    But overall, unless a benefactor comes in, throws down some $25K on a production run, with the ability to sit on the unsold ones, it will be hard to get a project of this magnitude off and running, no matter all the good intentions or even the help of all of the mag community.
    After I get my slug bodies up and going (which has more to do with manufacturing than aesthetics) I could easily assemble more than 50 markers in a plethora of different configurations, all with the parts currently sitting in inventory. Once the working geometry of the complete assembly has been figured out (Again more in relation to the manufactured parts and them operating correctly) it's much easier to start focusing on aesthetics. All the years I've been at this have been headed towards a private label marker in one form or another.

So, if I can figure out how to manufacture bodies entirely on a VMC, (Which I believe I can) you will see a private label mag emerge and it should be this year. As soon as my current project is done I'm diving into developing my slug bodies. Once I have slugs made the possibilities will huge.

It'll happen and as always I'll end up paying for it.
    Last edited by luke; 02-06-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    After I get my slug bodies up and going (which has more to do with manufacturing than aesthetics) I could easily assemble more than 50 markers in a plethora of different configurations, all with the parts currently sitting in inventory. All the years I've been at this have been headed towards a private label marker in one form or another. Once the working geometry of the complete assembly has been figured out (Again more in relation to the manufactured parts and them operating correctly) it's much easier to start focusing on aesthetics.

So, if I can figure out how to manufacture bodies entirely on a VMC, (Which I believe I can) you will see a private label mag emerge and it should be this year. As soon as my current project is done I'm diving into developing my slug bodies. Once I have slugs made the possibilities will huge.

After I get my slug bodies up and going (which has more to do with manufacturing than aesthetics) I could easily assemble more than 50 markers in a plethora of different configurations, all with the parts currently sitting in inventory. All the years I've been at this have been headed towards a private label marker in one form or another. Once the working geometry of the complete assembly has been figured out (Again more in relation to the manufactured parts and them operating correctly) it's much easier to start focusing on aesthetics.

Put my name on the pre-order!

Quote Originally Posted by Patron God of Pirates View Post
    Put my name on the pre-order!
    Meeee tooooo!!!

^^^^^^^^ Starting to save up my pennies.

After I get my slug bodies up and going (which has more to do with manufacturing than aesthetics) I could easily assemble more than 50 markers in a plethora of different configurations, all with the parts currently sitting in inventory. Once the working geometry of the complete assembly has been figured out (Again more in relation to the manufactured parts and them operating correctly) it's much easier to start focusing on aesthetics. All the years I've been at this have been headed towards a private label marker in one form or another. So, if I can figure out how to manufacture bodies entirely on a VMC, (Which I believe I can) you will see a private label mag emerge and it should be this year. As soon as my current project is done I'm diving into developing my slug bodies. Once I have slugs made the possibilities will huge. It'll happen and as always I'll end up paying for it.
    I'm definitely interested.

After I get my slug bodies up and going (which has more to do with manufacturing than aesthetics) I could easily assemble more than 50 markers in a plethora of different configurations, all with the parts currently sitting in inventory. Once the working geometry of the complete assembly has been figured out (Again more in relation to the manufactured parts and them operating correctly) it's much easier to start focusing on aesthetics. All the years I've been at this have been headed towards a private label marker in one form or another.

interested as well - sign me up!

I could easily assemble more than 50 markers in a plethora of different configurations,
    Assume I am not a machinist:

Would the variation from designs drive up the cost due to setup changes?

Anyone I have dealt with for shops has always said "less tooling changes, less setup changes, less cost"

Are you thinking of a more modular machine setup or something I have missed?

Yes, all that is true and for more reasons than stated. But my comment was more directed to the inventory currently sitting on the shelves, all I need are bodies and I could easily build 50 markers (minus valves and barrels). I don't subcontract anything so it does allow me some convenience to offer what I do.

Yes, all that is true and for more reasons than stated. But my comment was more directed to the inventory currently sitting on the shelves, all I need are bodies and I could easily build 50 markers (minus valves and barrels). I don't subcontract anything so it does allow me some convenience to offer what I do.
    Gotcha

After Luke builds us the perfect 18 year-old virgin, or one of us wins the lottery and produces the brand new mag, at a great price, the very first thing you will do it take it apart and eventually build 3 more mags out of the parts, and get them all re-annoed by Caustic Customs. So, it's the price of the original new mag + 3 mags + anno of 25 parts + plus waiting in line at the post office.

Look at the Empire Resurrection, it's only cool if you change-out all the parts with Inception bodies and old Eclipse frames. If you got your hands on one, it would start morphing immediately. You know it's true.

From the sounds of it Luke is planing on have a number of variations between all the different rails, lpr/grips, frames, he's already got in stock plus whatever body he comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by djinnform View Post
    after luke builds us the perfect 18 year-old virgin
    ahhaha!!! Lmfao