Thread: Noob question - steps to make sure an old RT still works?

Noob question - steps to make sure an old RT still works?

Hi all!

Sorry, a bit of a noob question - I haven't played paintball for a long time...

I've bought an RT ULE in around 2005, but I haven't used it for probably 8 years or so...
    Do you know if it's still possible to use it after so long? And if so, what should I be doing to make sure it still works properly?
    And/or what parts should I replace?

It was clean when I tidied it - it's just been left untouched for ages

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloubi View Post
    Hi all!

Sorry, a bit of a noob question - I haven't played paintball for a long time...

I've bought an RT ULE in around 2005, but I haven't used it for probably 8 years or so...
    Do you know if it's still possible to use it after so long? And if so, what should I be doing to make sure it still works properly?
    And/or what parts should I replace?

It was clean when I tidied it - it's just been left untouched for ages

Thanks in advance!
    Put a few drops of oil in it, air it up. Finished. Unless its leaking, but you won't know til you try.

If leaking is the worst thing that can happen, it's all good then
    I'll give it a go, thanks!

And if it leaks just send it here and I'll fix it for you!
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Haha sweet, thanks

After several years in storage, it may run fine for a while. However, I would plan on getting some new o-rings in it soon. The o-rings start coming apart usually. If you leave them alone, it may work fine for several weekends, but when you start taking the old o-rings out they loose their seal and may just come apart when you try to take them off. It's kind of impressive how bad they can be and still seal.

It depends on how old the o-rings really are, what kind of oil you used, and what temperatures you stored it in (like an attic in Houston).