Thread: Where have all the "adjustable" adjustable CA tanks gone?!

Where have all the "adjustable" adjustable CA tanks gone?!

I can't seem to find new tanks being produced that lets you dial in output pressure these days. Everything looks like the regs need shims or spring packs to adjust output.

Am I missing something? Oh where has my adjustable Max-Flo gone? Is Ebay the route to a dial-a-pressure reg nowadays?

1) HPRs have gotten better so you don't need to double reg anymore
    2) it's cheaper and easier to produce a screw in preset tank
    3) most guns are using set pressures and do not need a wide range of pressures.
    4) it's uncool to have a big honking reg on the bottom of the gun
    5) you really don't need them for any other gun

After owning Flatlines, Air Americas, Nitroducks, Angel Airs, Centerflags, etc I came to the conclusion its much easier to own several different output preset regs.

And that also opens up room for further customization by letting you choose a bottle asa to your liking.

I've been *****ing for years about this.

"Adjustable" vs "Customizable"

If it needs to be depressurized/disassembled it shouldn't be marketed as adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
    I've been *****ing for years about this.

"Adjustable" vs "Customizable"

If it needs to be depressurized/disassembled it shouldn't be marketed as adjustable.
    Agreed!

All other points seem valid though.

I will add this in as well. The weight of adjustable tanks circa 1999 was enormous compared to even the weightiest preset regs. The goal of lessening the weight, going smaller was a major drive for that. Don't get me wrong, i love my Geddon, still have it, but the o4iginal bottle just died so now i have to find one to fit on it.

Again, look at the needs of the gun, and how guns have progressed. There is little need for customizing the per individual users, hence on3 or a couple preset ranges for the user, and no more adjustable outputs, or easily adjustable.

Just get the Ninja SHP high pressure reg. with standard settings - on the SL tank - and you're done. The high pressure Ninja regs make all my mags RT perfectly without and screwing around, and without any weight to slow you down.

cost and demand forced the end to the adjustable regs and we use to make them and they did very well but as the market shifted and demand dropped there was less and less of a need so evey one stop selling them

I just went to two tanks, Ninja SLP on a 68/4500 Super light for electronic markers, and an SHP 90/4500 Super light for mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    1) HPRs have gotten better so you don't need to double reg anymore
    2) it's cheaper and easier to produce a screw in preset tank
    3) most guns are using set pressures and do not need a wide range of pressures.
    4) it's uncool to have a big honking reg on the bottom of the gun
    5) you really don't need them for any other gun
    ah yes, you do clearly still need to double reg.

but the rest are right. i'd also add weight like you did in a later post. a big heavy adjustable reg is less desirable then a small tight pre-set.
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

I have a 3k flatline and a max flo inline. I found I was keeping two or more air tanks anyway and swapping the adjustables around was as much trouble as just setting up a marker to take a higher input pressure. The preset/shimmable regs seem to take less maintenance. With multiple preset tanks, if I forget to get a tank hydro'd before an event, it just means I have a shorter list of marker setups to choose from. I keep an adjustable around for experiments, but once I see where a marker wants to run, I like having a simple preset.

It's hard to design a pretty adjustment into 3000+psi pressure differential. I also have one of those air america 4.5k raptors that has never seen air, just because it is a neat chunk of stainless.

I admit I am hoarding Dynaflows