Thread: Silver Ghost Automag on Ebay. Silver X-valve!

Silver Ghost Automag on Ebay. Silver X-valve!

This thing should be in the Mag of the month contest!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAINTBALL-AG...item1e9987e2ff

I can't stand the cut Zgrip

and its a pewter xvalve.

Poor Zgrip, Its much better to notch the extender then do that.

In my opinion a cut zgrips got no real value.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

I can rebuild the Zgrip. I can make it faster, stronger. Have a world class TiG welder at my call and i can do a lot.

Of course it would need new anno.

I saw that, and I can't picture trying to use it..... I can't tilt my wrist that far back with my arm out that far. It looks great, don't get me wrong, but ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by b-cuzz View Post
    I saw that, and I can't picture trying to use it..... I can't tilt my wrist that far back with my arm out that far. It looks great, don't get me wrong, but ouch!
    it was designed around how you tuck a marker in when you shoot.
    to give you the smallest profile when shooting.
    the z-grip is actually a natural angle when you shoot with it the way it was designed.

Quote Originally Posted by b-cuzz View Post
    I thought like you at one point. It looks ungodly uncomfortable, doesn't make any sense, but then when put it in your hands and shoulder it, it is extremely comfortable. The Y frame to me is even more comfortable, but i can't seem to touch one for less than $150.

I have a zgrip that had the same thing done to it, sent it out and got it back, cant even tell it was molested. now just got to send it out for ano with the rest of the marker.

would you be able to work your magic and fix couple of frames that had their trigger guard cut?

It should not be that difficult to weld. Just use the same type of aluminum to repair it with. Otherwise, it can be a color difference when you anodizing the frame
    Last edited by swe_crazy; 02-10-2015 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C_losjoker View Post
    I have a zgrip that had the same thing done to it, sent it out and got it back, cant even tell it was molested. now just got to send it out for ano with the rest of the marker.

would you be able to work your magic and fix couple of frames that had their trigger guard cut?
    Well, first i need to discuss this with my welder. Granted, its just aluminium, so it should not be much of a problem. Second, there is not much you can't fix IF you throw enough money at it . Third, for a Zgrip, its a fairly straight forward bar that has a bend in it, like the one cut in this thread. There is not much to it. You match the material, match the shape and thickness of the cut and weld. For a Intelliframe, for example, there is a lot more to the trigger guard that makes it much harder to replicate with a repair. If you want simple, then simple is easy. If you want a complex radiused guard, then it gets more consuming of both his time and your money. This is where a repair is not going to be cost effective for most sorts.

The biggest issue which most people don't realize is that around the cut part, the anno has to be cleared away. So if it is a Ecplise splashed frame, the repair will surely damage the anno(TiG welding uses high frequency electrical current to melt the metal so the old and new metal can mix, thus gaining a bond) and will have some discoloration to the frame. Even the best welder needs to get the metal hot enough to cause the molten process yet not burn threw the metal. Getting equal parts penetration and new material without distortion or damage. TiG welding is one of the hardest "disciplines" to learn as it is an art form.

But if you want to talk, send a PM and we can go from there.