Thread: Upgrading to a x-valve and SHP, currently still have an expansion chamber.

Upgrading to a x-valve and SHP, currently still have an expansion chamber.

So, this is my mag currently.
    I've been out of the sport for about 12 years. From what I read, I should be able to drop in an xvalve (tune it) and run a ninja SHP and be good to go, is that correct?
    I do have some minor concerns with that though. I know the expansion chamber is pointless, I just was running it back in the day for a good fore grip. Will it be able to hold up with the much greater pressure that a SHP will output? If not, it's not a a big deal. I actually own a matching Smart-parts foregrip (the one with the barrel plug in the bottom of the handle) that is painted splash to match.

If I switch to that, I then have to change my air line configuration, which I'm not looking forward to. It wouldnt be a big deal if I could get an x-valve with a left hand air inlet, but it looks like they're only offered with a right inlet now. So I'd have to run the airline in that large C shape that takes the airline forward towards the foregrip and back into the valve.

Am I missing anything obvious? Will me expansion chamber burst with a lot of pressure? Really looking forward to bring this old gun back to life with new tech.
    I'm really diggin that short venturi I have on there. With that smaller foregrip in the second picture it'll be a tight little gun.

Name:  IMG_20150212_161623.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  122.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_20150215_143414.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  98.2 KB
    Old school Smart Parts Eclipse Mag in Midnight Blue splash

I had various expansion chambers on my classics when I switched to hpa and had no problems, I have since changed them to the Bike style fore grip just to save weight. as long as your seals hold your good and I think you can rebuild your expansion chamber if they don't. just oil it good first.

The expansion chamber won't effect it, so you can leave the look.

The Xvalve is a literal drop in. Get it and go. You can contact Tunaman for a Reverse valve. That aren't rare, but expect to pay a little more than a regular inlet X valve.

You don't need the SHP tank, as long as you have 800psi tank. With that, you can adjust the length of the on/off pin or get a ULT to get the reactive trigger. My X valve RT's rather well with a .720 pin and a crossfire 800psi reg.

Thanks for the info! Would Tunaman's be new? I'm looking for a new valve. My tank is a ancient NITRO DUCK with a date of 12/98, so I don't believe it'll work. Basically I need a new tank anyway.

With the SHP and an x-valve I should be able to acheive rather high BPS, correct? I have a warp feed on the way and plan to run it with my old ass 12V revi.

Tunaman5 @Verizon.net
    Last edited by Tunaman; 03-14-2015 at 05:24 PM.

It looks cool. Besides, it's an auxiliary air tank.