Thread: Speedball Movie Kickstarter

Speedball Movie Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ref=nav_search

Looks like a good effort - let's see how it funds over the next 30 days.

Anyone have 4 grand to spare? We could maybe convince them to integrate a line about how 'mags have always been superior to cockers, then and now. You know, settle the debate once and for all.

The dreams of making a paintball centric movie. I will say that the rewards for any donations is very good for a low budget film.

so if they are already shooting or have shot it ... we would be paying for the publicity?

#yeahno
    "because every vengeful cop with a lesbian daughter, is having a bad day, and looking for someone to blame"

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    so if they are already shooting or have shot it ... we would be paying for the publicity?

#yeahno
    No. Since there are opportunities to get speaking parts, and product placement would mean that the movie is at least in Preproduction. But what do i know...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    No. Since there are opportunities to get speaking parts, and product placement would mean that the movie is at least in Preproduction. But what do i know...
    adding second unit style misc playing shots and such is pretty easy easy to do even long after the primary story is shot.

can't help but think, if they can shoot the basics of the movie, and can't shop that around for a studio to pitch in a 100 grand to finish off, promote it, etc, i have my doubts as to the movies quality, or the usefulness of the kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    The dreams of making a paintball centric movie. I will say that the rewards for any donations is very good for a low budget film.
    Agreed. Wish there was more excitement or appreciation for the sport, but it is very heavily product driven, massive egos, unfortunately cheating and biased opinions, and a governing body likened to medieval Europe.

so we would be paying for the publicity?

#yeahno
    It says right at the top, second paragraph they need money to promote the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    It says right at the top, second paragraph they need money to promote the movie.
    exactly.

Sssshhhhh, don't say the the poster got it wrong or even didn't read it all the way through. Cause i missed it, but i'd admit to it.

exactly.
    Exactly what? The question mark indicates you're unclear about why the money is being raised, if it was a comment about them raising money for advertising you could have chosen a different punctuation mark to explain your thoughts or emotions.
    Last edited by luke; 02-17-2015 at 08:40 PM.

Exactly what? The question make indicates you are unclear about why the money is being raised, if it was a comment about them raising money for advertising you could have chosen a different punctuation mark to explain you thoughts or emotions.
    i am unclear why the money is being raised, while understanding that they want it for publicity and to finish off the last details of the movie. it is a puzzling move at best, a near scam at worst.

100 grand is not a lot of money in the movie making world. certainly not enough to make a decent movie out of. and that they need to come to a bunch of folks who have no involvement with the movie to plead for an advertising budget for the movie is IMO, a ridiculous move, and shows that they can't get the money elsewhere, which does not reflect well on the quality of the movie being promoted. if it was a good movie, with such wide appeal (as they claim), then finding someone to promote it, who has seen it (or at least some of it), should be pretty easy. one wonders where they got the money to make most of the movie in the first place, if no one would also pay to promote the thing. all of it points to this not being a good investment IMO.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-17-2015 at 03:35 PM.

For 3k you can get your marker used in the film !

(says production starts June 2015)

Really, we can't even have certain people post in a thread now without it becoming a fiasco? Let's be civil here, even if there is bad blood.

As far as the movie, I honestly don't see the benefit. Every single attempt at making a non-documentary sports film or a film that's not "based on true events" has just been ridiculous, and given the low budget nature of this, to the point that they need funding to promote the film, makes it seem like it won't be a good film for anyone, especially those who like the sport. I'm actually more floored that the average contribution from the backers has been $300.

Edit: I just read the synopsis for the movie, and I have to say it sounds like it will be bad. I do't mean The Fast and the Furious bad, I mean Street Racer bad.
    Last edited by snoopay700; 02-19-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    Il n'y a point de sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l'esprit.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    For 3k you can get your marker used in the film !

(says production starts June 2015)

Got 3K and an old Brass Eagle Talon? Call it vandalism by charity :P