Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LL8 questions.

Man I was thinking of going with some of the J4 guys but now I'm not sure. :-/
    Xmag, IT Emag
    And a few other Emags.

don't let us scare you off, if you want to go then go as your experience could be different than ours.

The first rule of any big game, anywhere: ROLL WITH YOUR BROS. Don't walk on without knowing anyone. Chances are you will not have fun, have no back up, and just get pushed around by the walls of paint.

My first game ever was a Dollack 24 hour game at Hell Survivors... it was amazing! The field has changed a lot in the last 15 years. I also attended a monster game, by myself, and ended up in the hospital with heat stroke... pre common cell phone days. Wasn't fun.

CPX has a history of being terrible for big games... look up the Shatnerball threads... 2.5k psi fills all day! whoo!

Go to Tunaball. Have a great time with laid back AOers. You won't regret it. Except in a McDonalds bathroom on the way home the next day, wishing you didn't participate in the hot wing contest. That you will regret.
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Yeah gonna look into tunaball also.

I haven't gone to LL for the past couple of years, but due to finances or prior commitments than due to any issues. I have had issues with every larger scenario/big game I have attended. IMO it is simply the nature of the beast. Everyone has a gripe about something. Some are valid, some aren't. Some I wouldn't have even noticed or been worried about if someone else didn't say something. Yeah CPX has issues, but I have also had some of the same issues with big games at Hell Survivors. Big fields seem to inevitably bring long walks. Also understand that the reason the chrono was in the middle of the field of play was because people in the past complained about the natural bottleneck that occurred in that area. So in order to appease some people, they upset others. Can't please everyone all the time.

Basically, if you want to go to probably one of the largest games in the Midwest and have an endless amount of targets, go. If you want a small game with no lines or waiting on anything, stay close to home and go to a small game.

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I haven't gone to LL for the past couple of years, but due to finances or prior commitments than due to any issues. I have had issues with every larger scenario/big game I have attended. IMO it is simply the nature of the beast. Everyone has a gripe about something. Some are valid, some aren't. Some I wouldn't have even noticed or been worried about if someone else didn't say something. Yeah CPX has issues, but I have also had some of the same issues with big games at Hell Survivors. Big fields seem to inevitably bring long walks. Also understand that the reason the chrono was in the middle of the field of play was because people in the past complained about the natural bottleneck that occurred in that area. So in order to appease some people, they upset others. Can't please everyone all the time.

Basically, if you want to go to probably one of the largest games in the Midwest and have an endless amount of targets, go. If you want a small game with no lines or waiting on anything, stay close to home and go to a small game.
    I enjoyed it last year and to be honest I didn't think that there was a ton of walking involved. (if people thought the "long" walks at LL7 were bad I would hate to see them at HSI's Monster Game. lol)

As far as the lines go, CPX offered a no wait speed line sort of thing if you registered by Dec. 31st I believe it was. Me and a couple of friends registered before then just to take advantage of that offer. Although I don't know why they just don't mail out the tags and paint cards for those who have pre registered. That would greatly reduce the registration lines...

Quote Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
    I enjoyed it last year and to be honest I didn't think that there was a ton of walking involved. (if people thought the "long" walks at LL7 were bad I would hate to see them at HSI's Monster Game. lol)

As far as the lines go, CPX offered a no wait speed line sort of thing if you registered by Dec. 31st I believe it was. Me and a couple of friends registered before then just to take advantage of that offer. Although I don't know why they just don't mail out the tags and paint cards for those who have pre registered. That would greatly reduce the registration lines...

The major problem was that on Saturday, they mixed walk ons with the pre-registered folks. It took me 2 hours to get through the line - and I DID pre-register.

They need to fix that problem in a major way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    The major problem was that on Saturday, they mixed walk ons with the pre-registered folks. It took me 2 hours to get through the line - and I DID pre-register.

Yup I agree totally, if I pre reg I expect a speedy process.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post

I was a walk-on saturday and got there early enough before registration opened. I only waited about a half hour in line. 15 minutes of it was because they didn't open up on time.