Thread: 32 Degrees Single Trigger Frame Woes

32 Degrees Single Trigger Frame Woes

This problem is getting tough for me to understand. I'm trying to get a 32* Single Trigger frame to work with my classic mag. The frame has the wings that match up well to the rail. It installs fine but forces a leak from the on/off. When I install an intelliframe on the same gun, there is no leak and it cycles fine, so it's not the valve. If I pull the trigger it shoots and holding the trigger stops the leak.

For sear rod adjustment, I've got it so that it's about a credit card's width off the trigger when aired up.

It seems to me like the on/off is pushing the pin too far and that the frame geometry is not correctly supporting the sear, or something like that. I also think this because if I degass, then pull the trigger, the valve is still hard to get out because the on/off is still sticking slightly into the rail. Any ideas here? Were these frames just horribly out of spec?

Yes. They were terrible as were most of the Dye frames(same frame). You are going to have to grind a little bit out of that frame. Look where the sear leg and the clevis join...around that area of the frame will need to come out. There were other spots too.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Bummer, what a disaster of a product haha. Sure looks shiny though.

Is it worth going through the hoops and dremel bits to do this do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
    Bummer, what a disaster of a product haha. Sure looks shiny though.

Is it worth going through the hoops and dremel bits to do this do you think?
    well sure it is. Only takes a few swipes with the dremel and a carbide burr.

Roger that; I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the info, Tuna!

I had trouble with trigger alignment on the one I have. I have the stock AGD plastic trigger in it and it seemed to put the sear in a bind. worked ok, no leaks but really strange trigger pull. if you can get one to work they are usually cheap on ebay.

They are really hit or miss. I had one that worked really well, but seems a lot of them were troublesome.

Don't use the agd triggers. Use a dye double trigger and grind off the lower part of the double trigger to make it a single trigger

I used the AGD plastic triggers and file them down to fit. All trial and error.

I have the carbon trigger single finger on my y-grip frame, im able to get 3 fingers on grip instead of 2 fingers. Love it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    Don't use the agd triggers. Use a dye double trigger and grind off the lower part of the double trigger to make it a single trigger
    How come???

Probably cause the frames weren't made to AGD spec, but still work, so it best to stay within that family and not cross pollinate between brands.

You can change the pivot location and shape of the trigger to give the same approximate pull as a stock frame. However, once you do that, you cannot exhange parts between brands.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by athomas View Post
    You can change the pivot location and shape of the trigger to give the same approximate pull as a stock frame. However, once you do that, you cannot exhange parts between brands.
    It doesn't have anything to do with the pivot location. The problem lies in the sear hitting the frame and wont swing freely in the proper place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with the pivot location. The problem lies in the sear hitting the frame and wont swing freely in the proper place.
    I understand. I was just making a general statement about aftermarket frames in general and the differences that could affect interchangeability. I guess I should have stated that. I wrote the comment too quickly without thinking about how it read.