Thread: $50 micromag in Ann Arbor CL - sold

$50 micromag in Ann Arbor CL - sold

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/spo/4903440128.html
    Well the whole set, micromag, autococker and gear is $150 but he priced each marker at $50. I've always wanted a micro but this may need a little work and I don't have time for another project at the moment. Hopefully this finds a home here. Good luck.
    Last edited by fstop_22; 02-24-2015 at 10:01 PM. Reason: zulubravo bought it on CL

Spraypaint or powdercoat?

That seems like a fair price for all. It is more likely spray paint. So dunk the body in some acetone and get a scrub brush. Get a new frame with money on the flip of the cocker and maybe the gear bag(which looks in really good shape & they are nice bags).

thanks for the tip. i'm chasing, since he probably lives down the street from me.

Let me know how it goes and or post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by fstop_22 View Post
    Let me know how it goes and or post some pics.
    Will do if it comes through (knock on wood).

Thanks for the tip.

Picked it up. Pretty crazy. In addition to the micromag and the cocker, it included:
    the bag
    a spare pristine ANS two piece AC barrel
    a camo revvy with x board
    a black JT 200 rd gravity hopper
    some kind of clear/black JT mask that looks like it's never been used
    an old PMI single pane loaner mask that's in decent shape
    a bunch of swabs, squeegees, elbows and barrel bags

The cocker fires when aired up, though there's a small leak near the cradle; by the way it sounds in my basement, it's shooting over 300.

The micromag has a wicked leak down the barrel between shots and is pretty dirty. However, I know that'll come together with a nice cleaning and oiling. It's level 7. Serials on reg and valve match at GFX002438. The blue is paint over what looks like a home done gloss black and teal smear anno. The hardlines are definitely home made (the guy I bought it off of is an industrial electrician). I'll put some pics up when I get the paint off.

They both have weird little home made FBM wedges that get about 5° of tilt upwards on the mount angle of the ASA.

Ditch the PMI mask right in the trash. No chance at a new lense and nostalgia doesn't work with masks.

Pics to confirm the JT mask and barrel and other stuff.

For the Micro, if the hardline works and you like it, keep it. Give the gun a bath, aired up give it the dousing of oil and change that powertube oring(or get a L10). Good deal.

Nice pickup on that micromag!

Sounds like a great deal. Can't wait to see some pics after the paint comes off. How's that custom trigger look up close?

Quote Originally Posted by fstop_22 View Post
    Sounds like a great deal. Can't wait to see some pics after the paint comes off. How's that custom trigger look up close?
    Considering that it's a machine screw with an aluminum shaft tapped into the base of the trigger, it's not as bad as it could be. I have an old benchy two finger trigger I may replace it with, just to have a trigger guard. But all in all its not the worst homebrew I've seen.

Edit: Plugged my phone in, so here's some pictures of the haul. Help identifying the JT mask (white) and the ANS barrel would be handy, though I don't expect either one is really a treasure.

Name:  IMG_2606.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  94.7 KBName:  IMG_2607.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  99.9 KBName:  IMG_2605.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  107.2 KBName:  IMG_2604.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  75.1 KB

I've turned this into a project over in the Paintball Talk section of the forum.
    Last edited by zulubravo44; 02-25-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Pictures!

Looked up the mask, JT Axiom FX 10. Sold around 2004-2005.