Thread: Ronin Anodizing, now taking work.

Ronin Anodizing, now taking work.

Mods, if I'm in the wrong place please feel free to move this thread to the right place.

Current worklog (I only accept 5 clients at any given time to maintain my turnaround time of 1-3 weeks - updated very frequently).

Because I offer services on several forums I keep my current worklog updated in one location, found here:
    http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/a...king-work.html

Beckground:
    My brother, Dale, was doing a good bit of ano under the name DBC Customs over on MCB. As mentioned in his thread (link below), he just didn't have the time/space to maintain the studio. He's given me the entire setup. Some samples of his work can be seen in the link below as well.
    DBC's old ano thread

In a nutshell - I have a complete anodizing studio now in my home. I can offer matte or polished finishes. See samples below for the sheen you can expect with my polished and matte finishes.

Current turnaround for new work: 1-3 weeks, depending on workload.
    Current finishes available: Polished, Satin/Matte. I am not offering dust(bead blasting) at this time.
    Current colors available: Red, Lime, Green, Teal, Blue, Orange, Black, Yellow, Purple, Brown, silver

Current Availability: Now accepting. I will only take on 5 clients at a time. This will help me keep my 1-3 week turnaround time with my day job and family commitments (See 'Current Worklog' link above)

How it works:

You contact me and let me know what you are looking to have done. Information that I will need from you is:
    What style of anodizing you want to have done(single color, acid wash, fade, etc...).
    How many, and which colors you are considering using.
    How many total pieces?
    What is the current finish (dust, natural, polished)?
    What is the desired finish?
    *NOTE: there will be an extra charge for changing textures (ie. dust or matte to polish. No charge for going from polished to Matte)

With that information, I will get you a quote. Once agreed upon, I will give you all of the necessary shipping information as well as a Statement of Limited Liability for you to sign and send with your marker to be anodized. I CAN NOT DO ANY WORK ON YOUR MARKER WITHOUT A SIGNED COPY OF THE STATEMENT OF LIMITED LIABILITY. A non-refundable 25% deposit is required before I start work on a marker. When shipping your marker, make sure that it is completely disassembled and only send the parts to be anodized. Upon receiving your marker, I will put it through the anodizing process and I will inform you once it is complete. At this point, payment will be due. Once I have received payment, I will carefully pack your parts and ship them USPS Priority back to you unless otherwise specified.

I WILL NOT DISASSEMBLE OR REASSEMBLE MARKERS.

Pricing: Subject to change. More styles will become available as I expand my studio. An additional $14 will be included in your quote for return shipping via USPS medium priority flat rate box.

Base pricing below is for matte/satin finishes with no metal work included. I will do polishing and buffing at $35/hour. Based on factors like total part count and condition, I will estimate this cost and add it to the base rates below in your quote.

Single Color: $75
    2 Color: $85
    2 Color Wash, splash, or fade: $135
    3 Color with any combination of wash/splash/fade: PM for availability and price estimates.

* All Prices are for up to 8 pieces. Each piece over 8 will be a flat $5 each matte, $7 each polished.
    ** For raw parts in bulk from custom part mfgs, I offer a flat per part mfg rate. PM me for details.
    *** I accept paintball related trades for work payment as well. Current want list includes the following: Stock Class pump (any variety), Angel A4, Gen-x Autococker.

Some samples of stuff I have anodized:

Phoenix Automag in 2 color acid wash
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424619823.418518.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  89.0 KB

Gloss black XMT Minimag build:

A matte finish 'camo' wash with silver splash
    Name:  Camo splash.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  77.6 KB

I can also quote out small runs of just a few parts at a time. Here's a polished red automag breech:
    Name:  Feed.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  116.0 KB

A good example of what my Lime and Purple look like:
    Name:  lime purple.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  131.4 KB

Here's another take on a camo wash with silver splash. This was done on a terrible condition marker and illustrates how a busy pattern can hid damaged metal pretty well.
    Name:  IMG_6562.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  78.4 KB

A couple more, here's a gloss black minimag and a satin black Ripper:
    Name:  minimag.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  80.1 KB
    Name:  ripper.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  62.5 KB