Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare factory AGD REGULATORS???

Yeah, I spotted these. I can't imagine what they really do or how the heck they are supposed to work. It would be nice to heR from a reliable AGD source as to their intended use and effectiveness...

Cyco-Dude Guest
    i call bs...way too small / simple to be a regulator, especially if you compare it to the flatline (which we know is a regulator made by agd). the description doesn't even make sense...a c02 tank's output is what, 850-900 psi? there's no way any regulator can increase that number. or does he mean you fill the c02 tank up with compressed air instead of c02? that also sounds dubious, if not dangerous.

We should get Tom K. to chime in on these. These must be something from the early days of HPA for paintball guns.
    Very curious to know what they are and if they are really from AGD

I wonder if it was meant to be use with a siphon tube and a CO2 tank? Looks like it would have a little angle when installed to help with CO2 liquid. Very interesting regardless.

My supposition. Since the AGD valve is capable of accepting an input of 3000psi, this connection would allow you to mount a 3000psi tank directly to the bottom line without an additional regulator. There are two side tapped holes. One would be for the fill nipple and the other would be for the line to the valve.

old paintball tanks from way back did not have regulators. so like c02 tanks were filled on the guns. some one on the old school fb page will know more.

Where is athomas when you need him lol

Quote Originally Posted by SummaryJudgement View Post
    It would be nice to hear from a reliable AGD source as to their intended use and effectiveness...
    This is nothing AGD ever made. Looks like just an ASA to me

Quote Originally Posted by Xmagterror View Post
    We should get Tom K. to chime in on these. These must be something from the early days of HPA for paintball guns.
    Very curious to know what they are and if they are really from AGD
    Not really from AGD

Quote Originally Posted by TK
    Boy that is an accident waiting to happen. Hope they don't sell any.

^^^From conversation with TK ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
    i call bs...way too small / simple to be a regulator, especially if you compare it to the flatline (which we know is a regulator made by agd). the description doesn't even make sense...a c02 tank's output is what, 850-900 psi? there's no way any regulator can increase that number. or does he mean you fill the c02 tank up with compressed air instead of c02? that also sounds dubious, if not dangerous.
    Yup total BS

Glad that got cleared up. Has anybody messaged this guy on eBay yet to let him know

Looks like some sort of direct mount for a co2 tank.

I call the part dodge. It means TO AVOID.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
    This is nothing AGD ever made. Looks like just an ASA to me

Not really from AGD

^^^From conversation with TK ^^^^

Yup total BS
    This is what he says and I kinda think he was using some tone too!

Well he is F O S.

AGD NEVER made anything to convert a co2 tank to HPA.

I emailed the guy through ebay and he didn't know who I was and gave me the same line. We absolutely would NEVER have made a high pressure adapter for CO2 tanks. A co2 tank will rupture at 4500 psi, VERY dangerous. We were always concerned about maximum safety. Most people don't know that we spent extra money on the Flatlines to include a safety shut off if the valve broke off. No one else did that. If you think I would make a product like this adapter thing then you don't know me or AGD.

AGD

This thread made my Monday morning. Thanks AO & AGD, you guys rock.

Update: Just because it's material misrepresentation, I've reported the listing:

Listing Category: Listing Practices
    Reason for Report: Other Listing Practices
    Detailed Reason: Third-party credits and endorsements

This was the closest I could find our of the various option trees, but I think it still fits. He's trying to pass this off as AGD stuff, when TK himself is saying that it was never made by AGD. I suppose it could also be called a counterfeit case.
    Last edited by zulubravo44; 03-02-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    I emailed the guy through ebay and he didn't know who I was and gave me the same line. We absolutely would NEVER have made a high pressure adapter for CO2 tanks. A co2 tank will rupture at 4500 psi, VERY dangerous. We were always concerned about maximum safety. Most people don't know that we spent extra money on the Flatlines to include a safety shut off if the valve broke off. No one else did that. If you think I would make a product like this adapter thing then you don't know me or AGD.

AGD
    That explains what the brass plunger piece is thats held in with a internal snap ring and star washer. I always wondered if thats what that was. Thanks for going the extra mile and keeping us safe. I always thought the flatline was ingenious how it worked with the cam on/off knob.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    so i pinged this guy, pointed out tk said no such part was ever made, his response:

Hello,im sorry but im 100% sure we purchased these from agd with 200 mag rentals marked with field rental. And i was also on the phone for 45 minutes the other day with agd discussing the asa.also there is a chance agd had another source make them for our field ,but we did purchase then from agd 17 years ago.
    and a second reply...i guess he forgot he already replied once?

Hello im 100% sure tom kaye made these for our mag rentals for our field.100% positive.they are designed to be used only on mags.plus you dont even know how they work and we used thaem for years on our rental never had any problems.
    so he seems pretty convinced...either way, somebody is mistaken.

so this guy is trying to hurt someone?

Cyco-Dude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    so this guy is trying to hurt someone?
    i guess, i really don't see how this could be a regulator as there is no way that i see for it to have been disassembled to install the necessary parts, nevermind the fact that it's simply too small to fit them all in there. i don't see any burst disk either. it just looks like an asa you screw a c02 tank onto, which is retarded. i guess one of the ports would have to be a pressure gauge so you don't fill past 1.8k, but goddamn...what if the gauge is wrong / doesn't work? wait, YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THAT, as one of the ports would have to go to the valve, and the other would have to be a male fill nipple!

too many idiots in the world for this to ever be sold...

I reported the item. if anyone is buying these they need to know that this is not safe.

on top of that he is targeting AGD customers. by saying these will only work with AGD markers.
    there has to be a crime just in that.

Doing some stalking, it shows the parts shipping from McDonald PA. Doing a quick Google search comes up with Urban Assault as a field in that area. Looking at some of his other items, they are PB related and he is possibly some sort of dealer? Either way, if he actually has a bunch of these, obviously someone made them. I wonder who did?

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    I wonder who did?
    TK himself, obviously :P

I guess he was sick of all the AGD made questions:

"100% MADE BY AGD......Only 200 made by airgun design.made to convert your co2 tank to compressed air up to 1800psi
    Can only be used on agd markers.rare item.
    If you have any questions about item please email
    Will have pictures of complete assembly up soon.
    This item is 100% made by ADG this item was made 16 years ago for our field in pittsburgh pa. and used on our field mag rentals for years."

I think I found his typos:

Quote Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post
    I guess he was sick of all the AGD made questions:

"100% MADE BY AGD......Only 200 made for airgun design.made to convert your co2 tank to compressed air up to 1800psi
    Can only be used on agd markers.rare item.
    If you have any questions about item please email
    Will have pictures of complete assembly up soon.
    This item is 100% made by ADG this item was made 16 years ago at our field in pittsburgh pa. and used on our field mag rentals for years."
    Alternative idea:

Let's all buy them and file a class action lawsuit after one causes us harm.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    I think I found his typos:

Alternative idea:

Let's all buy them and file a class action lawsuit after one causes us harm.
    how many does he have?

ill buy the lot just to get these off the market.

We could buy them and then leave negative feedback for selling counterfeit items (not sure what the ebay rules state but I assume making false claims in description is frowned upon) since we have word from Tom that these were not made by AGD. I am willing to bet if his feedback score starts to drop, he will pull them down very quickly.

His latest statement of converting a CO2 tank to an 1800psi air tank is correct. A CO2 tank is rated to contain air at 1800psi. This was an early way for field rentals to use less expensive compressed air without having to use a regulator on the bottle. The compressed air bottles and regulators were very expensive when they initially came out. As long as the paintball gun air lines were setup to accept the higher pressure input, they could work. Mags were the only guns that I know of that had the ability to take that kind of pressure directly into the gun/valve.

They still aren't made by AGD though. And they still aren't safe. When you put them on a gun, you have no way to shut off the air supply from the bottle. Plus, you would need some sort of bleed valve to let the air out of the system or you would need to fire the gun until it was empty if you wanted to clean the gun. The CO2 bottles I had heard of that were done like that had an on-off valve or pin valve and used a standard ASA, so you could take them off the gun to bleed the air lines.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

listing has been pulled do to an error in description

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post

AGD
    I'm not the seller but know who he is. Franco deblasio said you made these for him that's were the source of the information is coming from. He double Checked and Franco said they were built because the field had a few hundred rental co2 tanks at the time and the cost to switch to hp air was around 400$ back then. They were designed to be used with an 1800psi burst disk. I thought maybe Franco might jar a memory if you or agd ever produced them there were right around 200 made.

Franco bought around 300 rental mags which we still have from you in the early days. They eve say field rental on them.