Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

Do you prefer that I just send it back to you, or do you want me to try more trouble shooting steps?

Luke, I'll drop my frame in the mail on Monday. What do and don't you want with it.
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

If you guys don't mind just send your complete Mini Vert to me, keep the grip panels, screws, LP airline. I'll make these right, sorry for the hassle.

Luke - no worries here. I'll send it your way.

I sent payment VIA snail mail for pneumag blade trigger, should get it any day. Should I send you my vert frame? Or just wait to see if you can get it sorted out. If you haven't sent out trigger I'll wait till the safety issue is solved.

No worries I'm just glad your making these things.

I'll hold up shipping until I get it figured out, hang onto your frame for now. I'm leaning towards there being a difference between either my V2 and V3 Mini Verts or between the first and second runs of the T-Rex. I should be able to narrow it down when I get these two frames. It's fixable I just need to decide how to fix it across the board.

My frame went out today.

Issues with the safety aside, this trigger is sweet. I actually prefer it fully magnetized since it gives a bit of tactile feedback. Even with all the magnets, it still rips even for people that have almost no skill at walking a trigger (such as myself).

I just felt that the pull was a lot easier for me with no magnets. I thought it was much easier to maintain ROF without them. I also think that it depends on how you have the whole system setup. I have my SHP tank set to about 1000psi and have the LPR set so that there is almost no RT effect. I did find that my ability to walk the trigger goes way down after my tank dips under the 1000psi. I can still shoot until the tank drops to 800ish and the valve doesn't want to work but it is only single shots or a few short bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
    I just felt that the pull was a lot easier for me with no magnets. I thought it was much easier to maintain ROF without them. I also think that it depends on how you have the whole system setup. I have my SHP tank set to about 1000psi and have the LPR set so that there is almost no RT effect. I did find that my ability to walk the trigger goes way down after my tank dips under the 1000psi. I can still shoot until the tank drops to 800ish and the valve doesn't want to work but it is only single shots or a few short bursts.
    That's interesting... I'll have to tinker with mine a bit more. I'm running a standard output tank on a classic valve with a .750 RT on/off, and it seems to walk better (at least the way I pull it) with a bit more magnetism. I have an Xvalve I'm planning to put on once I get it retuned and working again, at which point it may make sense to reduce the magnetism.

When I get my frame back I'll try it out with a classic valve and no magnets and see if I think it make a difference.

Ok gentlemen, got the trigger(s) fixed, I'll get them in the mail asap. Thank you for your patience. Please keep me informed with any issues.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I plan on getting my tank filled at some point this weekend so I can test it out.

Thank you!

Is this something that I need to pass along to grub, who also has a frame like mine where updates done frame updates make it unique. He wants to purchase a new trigger. Does he send it to you or does he mention the frame when ordering. I say this with loose ends because I'm not sure which way you decided to fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Ok gentlemen, got the trigger(s) fixed, I'll get them in the mail asap. Thank you for your patience. Please keep me informed with any issues.
    yet again, lightning speed service...

I guess the problem (and solution) wasn't that hard to diagnose?

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    yet again, lightning speed service...

I guess the problem (and solution) wasn't that hard to diagnose?
    No, I knew what the problem was, just not sure why. I think when I tested them originally I didn't "seat" the trigger safety tab on the safety so the tests were inaccurate. (If that makes sense)

Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Thank you!

Is this something that I need to pass along to grub, who also has a frame like mine where updates done frame updates make it unique. He wants to purchase a new trigger. Does he send it to you or does he mention the frame when ordering. I say this with loose ends because I'm not sure which way you decided to fix the issue.
    The fix was on the trigger, not the frame or T-Rex. I just wanted the frames for testing across a broader range of parts.

a broader range of parts.
    Does that mean you have some other fun upgrade in the pipeline already?

Does that mean you have some other fun upgrade in the pipeline already?
    Not on this, I was just testing the trigger. The "broader range" was your frames and safeties instead of testing them all on one of my frames.

I got my frame back and the safety is working great now. I still have to get my tank filled so I can give it a full test.

I swear the trigger pull is lighter now, LMK what you think.

It does feel lighter, I'll let you know if it changes after I fill my tank

I swear the trigger pull is lighter now, LMK what you think.
    because of the safety fix?

Quote Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
    I got my frame back and the safety is working great now. I still have to get my tank filled so I can give it a full test.
    Got mine back, too. Safety works perfectly.

because of the safety fix?
    Yes.

Yes.
    I have no way to measure it, but I guess it could be a bit lighter.

I finally go to use the gun at a field with the new trigger. I have the LPR set pretty conservatively, there is basically no RT effect, and it shot great. I could shoot a decent string when I had to, even with my slow fingers, and could also easily shoot single shots. I found that I could do a 3-5 shot burst very easy this way and I don't feel I need to really shoot more than that ususally.

For me the gun is set perfect. I'm sure others would want the LPR a little lower than I have it so it could shoot a faster but I'm happy with my gun. It has taken over 2 years to get here with this gun. Now all that is left is some anodizing and I'll call it finished.

Sorry no video, I broke my camera mount the night before and have to buy a new base for it.

So I FINALLY made it out to play this weekend with my OLTR build. Everything BLachance75 said is true... the thing shoots so smoothly. I didn't bother with a video so as to not embarrass myself with how slow my fingers are, but the system itself is amazing. It's nothing to brag about, but this is the first time I've even come close to being able to fire more than a double tap with a respectable rate of fire. Awesome!

Its not bragging if its true is it ?