Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

Quote Originally Posted by scootdogss View Post
    Played at the field last weekend this things rips. I'm not very good at walking the trigger but for some reason left handed I got some pretty good strings together. Right handed I could fan the trigger pretty fast.

My setup is classic valve and rt on/off stock .750 pin length.

Attached a pic she is ready for anno. Thinking dust black all around. polished grips to match classic valve and a stainless dye barrel? Not into the crazy splashed anno.

which rail are you using for that?

Price will probably be the same. I have not decided where on my website they will go but I'll let you know here.

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    which rail are you using for that?

Luke's RTP Teth-LC Rail

I originally had Luke's beta rail, it was little narrow for the lpr fg.

This teth rail is wider fits nicely. Lpr is only slightly wider than the rail.

Quote Originally Posted by scootdogss View Post
    I originally had Luke's beta rail, it was little narrow for the lpr fg.
    That's my purely aesthetic problem at the moment. The Teth looks good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Price will probably be the same. I have not decided where on my website they will go but I'll let you know here.
    Awesome, I'll keep an eye out and probably pick up a Teth while I'm at it, unless you have recommendations for other rails where the front end is about the same width as the LPR FG.

Ultra Blades are up for sale on my website.
    http://www.lukescustoms.com/t-rex.html

Ohhhhhh those look noice!
    All hail MAGpie, the MAGnificent, MAGnanimous
    MAGus with his MAGnetic personality of MAGnitude!

Sweet, I placed my order this morning. I made sure to put the correct address this time.
    The user formally known as Lancecst.

Ordered mine as well.

Got mine in today and installed it when I got home from work. It feels better than the other triggers, although I didn't air it up, my wife wouldn't be happy about me shooting it at 10pm. I'm a big fan of using the safety and this trigger so far is letting that happen without a crazy amount of over travel.

Hope this is ok to ask/allowed?
    Does anybody have a video of Luke's OLTR vs. Pneumag?
    Side by side comparison video?
    I guess I'm just trying to see the difference in smoothness as far as speed and trigger pull.

One more note on my install, I went with 1 magnet in the frame with the little spacer under it. I felt like 2 magnets was to much. I'm going to shoot it like I have it and if I want a more snappy trigger I'll try without the spacer.

Wow, the miss marks around the trigger pin look like a shotgun pattern.

How in the world did that happen ?

Stupidity

When I first got the frame it was really hard to put the trigger pin in. I was living in an apartment and didn't have access to the majority of my tools so like an idiot I was using a pair of lock jaw pliers and a leather belt. The belt slipped and the pliers hit the frame.

That is part of the reason I went with powdercoat, the marks can be filled before the powder is put on.

Quote Originally Posted by river031403 View Post
    Hope this is ok to ask/allowed?
    Does anybody have a video of Luke's OLTR vs. Pneumag?
    Side by side comparison video?
    I guess I'm just trying to see the difference in smoothness as far as speed and trigger pull.
    I am hoping to do an OLTR vs Gforce frame comparison video soon. Just need to get a few parts in to finish a built. So far they are very similar in testing but they both have a few pros and cons I want to address in a video. Might be for a week or so because I am working a lot lately but I will get something up to soon.

I aired it up this morning and dry fired it. Even with only 1 magnet and the spacer under it I think the trigger is to stiff for my liking. I'm going to try to take the frame magnet out all together and see if that works or just simply raise it higher up. The trigger pull is extremely short, ridiclously short actually. There is pretty much no extra pre-travel and very little over-travel.

The gun will also still shoot with the safety engaged. I don't know if that is just going to be with my gun or if other will as well. The pull is stiffer but it will still shoot.

Check to see if the T-Rex mounting screw is loose.
    Also, if you have a different safety try it.

These are extremely close tolerances so a difference in the safety could cause an issue.

All units were pretested before shipping so I'm curious what you find.

Did you replace the trigger pin with a longer one?
    Last edited by luke; 07-03-2015 at 10:54 AM.

I'll check the mounting screw and I think I may have a new safety I can try. The current safety is older so it is possible that could be causing it.

I never bothered with getting a longer trigger pin after I saw this trigger.

Do I need the magnets in the frame or trigger or can they be completely removed?

Definitely don't need the magnets, you could even replace the magnet in the trigger with 1/8" round metal and still adjust the frame magnets.

If you have an 1/8" drill bit (or a tad smaller) you could cut the tip off it and stick it in the end of the trigger. Just make sure there's no burrs so it doesn't get stuck.

We may have to file a smidgen off the trigger rod if the other safety does not stop it from firing .

I'm sure I have an extra 1/8th drill bit floating around somewhere. I actually like that idea as I can still adjust the force through the frame magnet if I want.

I'll have a buddies mag that I know has a safety in it, I'll try that one out if I can't find my new one before I get into filing the trigger rod down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8ermog View Post
    I am hoping to do an OLTR vs Gforce frame comparison video soon. Just need to get a few parts in to finish a built. So far they are very similar in testing but they both have a few pros and cons I want to address in a video. Might be for a week or so because I am working a lot lately but I will get something up to soon.
    That would be cool. With the limited video this far on the OLTR just seems like a regular pneumag flies a bit quicker?

Ultra Blades are up for sale on my website.
    http://www.lukescustoms.com/t-rex.html
    Yep this is a winner winner chicken dinner. Like both the magnets and the small trigger travel. I feel the magnets provide the crispness to the trigger that makes if more of a traditional firearm feel.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    Yep this is a winner winner chicken dinner. Like both the magnets and the small trigger travel. I feel the magnets provide the crispness to the trigger that makes if more of a traditional firearm feel.
    Did you test the safety with the marker aired up?

Quote Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
    I'm sure I have an extra 1/8th drill bit floating around somewhere. I actually like that idea as I can still adjust the force through the frame magnet if I want.

I'll have a buddies mag that I know has a safety in it, I'll try that one out if I can't find my new one before I get into filing the trigger rod down.
    If all else fails you can send me the frame and I'll dial it in for you.

Did you test the safety with the marker aired up?
    Oh no.......just aired it up and I'm finding the same thing that BLanche75 did, it will still fire with the safety engaged. He describes it well, "the pull is stiffer but it will still shoot."

I wonder is AGD changed safety specs somewhere along the road? I tested all the triggers before they shipped and they worked perfect. Do you have another safety you can try?

I can remachine/fix the triggers, I just need the data.

I measured 4 AGD safeties and my CAD file and all 5 are exact.

If you guys can't find the problem I'll need you to send in your frames for me to look at, that's about all I can suggest.

I will state again though, check the screw on your T-Rex mount and make sure it didn't loosen.

I checked the screw for the OLTR and it is tight. My extra safety wasn't where I thought it was so I have to try to hunt for it.

I'm not sure if this will help but here is a quick video showing what is happening. With the safety on I can move the trigger about 1mm or so and that is enough to fire the marker. It is definitely harder to pull the trigger but it moves just enough to shoot.

On a positive note I pulled out the magnets and good lord did that make a huge difference. Even with my slow fingers I was shooting as fast as I can shoot any modern electro. I'll take a shooting video tomorrow during the day.

If you want to send me the frame I'll dial it in, looks like I need to machine the trigger packet a tad.

I have another safety I can try but I'm out of air. From the looks of the video BLachance75 just posted, mine behaves the exact same. My safety that is currently installed is brand new from AGD. I purchase it probably 1yr ago when I originally purchase your version 1 vert frame. I do have a older safety I can try when I get my air filled.

For sake of discussion, what are your thoughts about addressing this variability similar to the logic trigger. It has a Allen screw that is the contact point for the pin of the T-Rex. I'm not sure what I think concerning the discussion, just thought I'd put it out there. I like the adjustability it provides, but with an Allen screw it might screw up the smooth shape/slope I currently has. The Allen screw may hang up on your finger weird?
    Last edited by barkingspider; 07-03-2015 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspider View Post
    I have another safety I can try but I'm out of air. From the looks of the video BLachance75 just posted, mine behaves the exact same. My safety that is currently installed is brand new from AGD. I purchase it probably 1yr ago when I originally purchase your version 1 vert frame. I do have a older safety I can try when I get my air filled.

For sake of discussion, what are your thoughts about addressing this variability similar to the logic trigger. It has a Allen screw that is the contact point for the pin of the T-Rex. I'm not sure what I think concerning the discussion, just thought I'd put it out there. I like the adjustability it provides, but with an Allen screw it might screw up the smooth shape/slope I currently has. The Allen screw may hang up on your finger weird?
    Yes a set screw will work to adjust the trigger pin but it shouldn't be necessary with everything dialed in properly. I really wanted to avoid all set screws on this design because they tend to move. Putting a thread lock on them can lead to hassles also. I'm limited in what I can figure out without the frames in my hands and the parts to measure. I could tell you how to fix it but I would rather get to the bottom of it so I can make corrections on all the triggers. There are actually 3 fixes but I really don't want to go there until I certain whats going on.