Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

One T-Rex available in the dealer forum!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    >>> OK, so right now I'm not specifically charging for the mounting tab, but if I could presale 25 OLTR's and 25 installs in the M86 and customers were willing to pay for a more complex mount (more difficult to machine) that made allowances for the hidden reg do you suppose I could fill an order? <<<
    Although I think you're kind of putting the cart before the horse in this case, this is really not the thread or place to muck up (seems I do that around here sometimes. . . I don't mean to. . . Honest!) recycling the old, at this point I think to everyone worn-out discussion of market dynamics. So, I'll put the brakes on here, as I started it.

In any case, one really can't argue with free and not look the fool for it . So, as I really don't have a stake in any of this, I'll again as graciously as I can bow out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Although I think you're kind of putting the cart before the horse in this case
    (In jest) That of course is not possible, seeing how I know the inside scoop to everything I'm doing today, tomorrow and the following week. All opinions are relative to ones own knowledge of any given subject, right or wrong as it were. LOL

For posterity sake we need a roll call to know where the original 12 ended up, after all I heard from a good source that in 25 years these will be "highly collectible". So if you have one of the 12 post up your number and maybe a pic of your build

-grub

Quote Originally Posted by lancecst View Post
    For those of you that are using Classic valves, are you using a regular on/off or a RT on/off.
    I only had about 1200psi in my tank, dry fired a little bit and ran a few balls thru it before I ran out of air.

classic valve with regular on/off. never fired a pneumag before but i thought it ripped. I went with luke's frame and LPR. nice trigger pull. I did have to adjust trigger in so can not use safety. I have a classic twistlock body so I can use the manual powerfeed safety.

Only tank I have is old centerflag output is 800 i think. almost out of hydro so ninja shp will come soon.

I have a rt on/off i can play with as well. also have xvalve with ult. I can try all these combos, unless it rips as is might just have too much fun playing!

will report back after it's been to the field.

The trigger pin is a non machined part that just slides into the front of the T-Rex. It's an off the shelf 1/8" x 3/4" dowel pin. You can make a custom length one that will allow you to use your safety.

"So whos frame?"

I believe that is mine and I can not wait to coon finger it. Lol
    Last edited by Stedspitcher; 05-15-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Just wanted to post this for the record before I forget, zulubravo44 had the classic valve with the kickazz trigger pull. His package just went out today (per his request) perhaps he can post up the information on the valve after he tests it out. I'm curious to see what he thinks about the build.

Ailia, also had a Classic setup that was a sweeter than zulubravo44's. I really dug this marker all around.

Last edited by luke; 05-16-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stedspitcher View Post
    I believe that is mine and I can not wait to coon finger it. Lol
    Yes, Stedspitcher sent in the M86.

Just wanted to post this for the record before I forget, zulubravo44 had the classic valve with the kickazz trigger pull. His package just went out today (per his request) perhaps he can post up the information on the valve after he tests it out. I'm curious to see what he thinks about the build.
    I can't wait to get home and test the thing out for myself. As a bit of a teaser, it has an RT on/off with a .750 pin.

I put a level 10 Classic valve in with a RT on/off and .750 pin

With my slow fingers I can't tell a difference speed wise and the trigger pull seems to feel the same as well.

My next test will be with an Anker trigger that I just orderer from Luke.

That was smoother trigger pulls than the first video.

I practiced drumming my finger on the desk at work. Maybe some day I can hit 10bps.

So fast I didnt even see the paint.

The trigger pin is a non machined part that just slides into the front of the T-Rex. It's an off the shelf 1/8" x 3/4" dowel pin. You can make a custom length one that will allow you to use your safety.
    Good to know. I'll play with the trigger position with the stops and dowel length, I can move it forward so i can use safety or all the way back.

Question If I was to anno the LPR-FG would I need to take out all internals? Kind of dig the raw look, just thought I'd post here for reference.

The frame anno as well. Once the OLTR is mounted is there any adjustment if I was to remove it for anno. Or is it just a simple fixed bolt?

Craftsmanship is top notch, like that i can keep some parts raw and then dust anno others. Thanks

Question If I was to anno the LPR-FG would I need to take out all internals?
    Yes!
    There is one part inside that can be anodized, you'll see when it's disassembled.

The frame anno as well. Once the OLTR is mounted is there any adjustment if I was to remove it for anno. Or is it just a simple fixed bolt?
    Its a direct mount, one screw, no adjustment is possible. Just make sure it is sitting completely flat in the frame and should be all the way forward.

goin5150, what happened at the end of your video?

still trying to figure it out... I know the last shot was a chuff and i was real low on air.. but i need to look further into it

Roster moved to the Armory
    Last edited by zulubravo44; 05-18-2015 at 08:45 AM.

I have #6 I believe.

There were 13 made P1 and 1-12

I didn't keep track of the numbers on the paperwork unfortunately I only marked the boxes.

Is there enough interest in these to do another small run of 25?

If we do another I wont require you send an entire marker in to setup and test. I believe we have the working geometry correct on the frames so there shouldn't be a need for to check each one.

If we do a run I'll just add a page to my website in order to make it easy to get one.
    I'm ready to go on production now, if we dont get at it there's no telling if or when I will get back to them.

#8 for me classic valve and on/off.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Is there enough interest in these to do another small run of 25?

Two please! Paypal is ready whenever you are.

I want to get one, it'll be a while before I can though. The SSR is going to tap me out for a while.

I vote for adding them to the store as a stock item. That way a Luke mag can be my next project.

Yip, I'll take 2 as well. Possibly 3. Ill get back to you on 3 though. Definitely 2.
    All hail MAGpie, the MAGnificent, MAGnanimous
    MAGus with his MAGnetic personality of MAGnitude!

I'm in for one or two.

Pm'd

I have 4/12 and 5/12.

Awesome Job Luke!

Holy $hit, these little things rip! I'll try and get pics up soon with more details.