Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    The Y grip takes extensive milling to make a MPA-3 and MSV-2 work. The MPA-3 must also be modified. I have built a few and in fact just finished one for a guy in Florida. Probably shipping it in the next couple days. I am going to say that I really doubt that this will work in a Y Grip.
    The location of where the cheater must be mounted is the limited factor, I certainly wasn't implying it was impossible, just with my design.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    There's room, but it will still need machined correct?

Set screws will work but will need to be strategically located to avoid the thinnest part of the ram cavity which is 0.030" thick.
    I went with a built in mounting tab so it has a positive and repeatable mount location.
    Seems to just drop in as long as that area I asked about is the same as a intelli in your frames.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Seems to just drop in as long as that area I asked about is the same as a intelli in your frames.
    Like I said, the area you ask about on the cheater is 100% irrelevant to mounting it in ANY frame, it's the foot print and depth that is important. (Did you get my email this morning?)

It is absolutely crucial that the dimensions are relative to the trigger pin hole and/or the frame screw holes, just having the space is only 1/2 the equation.

Cougar, take the original model I sent you and drop it into your frame, line it up on screw holes, trigger pin, safety holes and flush to the top, whatever does not fit into your frame will need to be machined away (On your frame)...

Would this frame work with a PTP micromag and an xvalve?

Did more testing today and found a small issue, that is, small being relative to the whole scope of the project. (lol)
    I will have to tweak the entire design, reprogram and machine another prototype. (So glad I did some testing... again>>> )
    What's interesting is it was a single, solitary bit of information I trusted from an outside source that went unverified until today. It's completely my fault though because I went against my #1 cardinal rule......
    So it's back to work, it will be a few days before there are any more updates.

Cougar, take the original model I sent you and drop it into your frame, line it up on screw holes, trigger pin, safety holes and flush to the top, whatever does not fit into your frame will need to be machined away (On your frame)...
    OK I get it now. Miss understood.

M86's will need to be machined to fit this.

OK I get it now. Miss understood.

M86's will need to be machined to fit this.
    Bingo! I had a feeling we weren't on the same page.

Do you have the intelli frame modeled?

Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    Would this frame work with a PTP micromag and an xvalve?
    Probably

Bingo! I had a feeling we weren't on the same page.

Do you have the intelli frame modeled?
    Ill pm you shortly about it

The location of where the cheater must be mounted is the limited factor, I certainly wasn't implying it was impossible, just with my design.
    I understand that this is purpose built for your frame only. I never said you said or were implying any such thing. I was trying to answer some other interested people's question, that is all.
    ......You know you want one!!

unless cost is quite low,
    does it make sense to buy this for any other frame other than a lukes frame?

Quote Originally Posted by knownothingmags View Post
    unless cost is quite low,
    does it make sense to buy this for any other frame other than a lukes frame?
    I see it as a price point issue along with how much work it would take to make it work, and at what cost to make it cost effective for any other frames. From what I recall the Zap Cheater was about $100. Now if you lack the know how and the skill to mod a frame then I see the other alternative as a better option. If you have a luke frame then this is definitely a viable option. . . . . but at what cost. This still remains to be seen.

I could be for one, depending on price, to mount on your vert frame, or a M86. But most probably on my armada's vert frame.
    Last edited by maverick13; 03-04-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    I understand that this is purpose built for your frame only. I never said you said or were implying any such thing. I was trying to answer some other interested people's question, that is all.
    It's all good.

I'll take one

I pulled up my Intelli file, it looks like it won't be a problem at all, but it will require machining and a mounting tab/ set screws
    At a glance, the PTP single trigger Benchmark frame should work, but needs machining.
    I know for certain is the Y frame will not work.
    Cougars frame should work with machining.
    I don't know about the M90, but I would say the chances are better than good.
    Last edited by luke; 03-04-2015 at 10:47 PM.

Im gonna do more checking tomorrow to check wall thickness on a m86 if its been modded.

Im gonna do more checking tomorrow to check wall thickness on a m86 if its been modded.
    Grip thickness (If this helps)
    My mini vert is at .730" raw
    Intelli anodized is .740"
    Intelli chrome plated is .750"

Did AGD ever release data on the stroke length of the sear leg for the classic valves or RTP on/off valves? Perhaps the degrees of rotation around the sear pin from the start point, sear locked on the bolt. (Strike face)
    The ULT info won't help because it will vary depending on the number of shims.
    I've reverse engineered it pretty close but having the factory number would set me at ease with the design. I have to find an extra (minimum) 1/16" in the valve system to make changes and it's pretty tight, actually that's a huge amount, lol.

I might be up for one, since Forest still has the one I got from Zap.

Small update, the V10 design is done, I'm pleased with the out come. I was able to find the 0.060" needed to make the necessary changes. The areas that would have affected the performance that I had in V9.1 was maintained, so I expect no change there. I did take the valve pin stroke down to .02" which is about 1/3 the stroke of a micro switch. I'll start on the reprograming for machining later today, perhaps get the parts machined tomorrow...

Definitely interested in at least one

So what was the outcome regarding these things working in a standard AGD frame?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    So what was the outcome regarding these things working in a standard AGD frame?
    The Intelli is completely doable (As expected) but must be machined, I'll also design a mounting tab for an easy install.
    M86 is completely doable, but must be machined, designing a mounting tab will be super easy.
    No idea who has the CAD's on the M90 to have it checked, but I think it will work with machining too.

And no good for Y-Frame right?

The Intelli is completely doable (As expected) but must be machined, I'll also design a mounting tab for an easy install.
    M86 is completely doable, but must be machined, designing a mounting tab will be super easy.
    No idea who has the CAD's on the M90 to have it checked, but I think it will work with machining too.
    Same as the M86 and I frame

Once they are altered, will they still be usable as mechs?

Y frame is out, sorry.

If you look at the milling on the Mini Vert frame, them compare that to the Y grip, you can see why it's inpossible. The machining must match my frame to work.

Here's a side view of the problem. It must have at least as much material as the Intelli to machine the internal cavity to install the cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Once they are altered, will they still be usable as mechs?
    Absolutely and will not affect the current capabilities of the current design, meaning you could still build a sleeper with a MPA3 and MSV2.

If you did a new run of frames you could include this machining AND the mounting tab and keep everything else the same.
    Last edited by luke; 03-05-2015 at 06:56 PM.

I'm in for 1 possibly 2.