Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

The machining to mount these is not complicated, the cavity is a is just a little wider, (Enough to fit a MPA3) a little deeper and more forward towards the trigger in comparison to the Intelli.

Just wondering, will you be offering a milling service to make the kit compatible with an intelli? And if so, what type of price range?

Quote Originally Posted by jame4091 View Post
    Just wondering, will you be offering a milling service to make the kit compatible with an intelli? And if so, what type of price range?
    Yes.

Not a clue on price.

looks awesome

hope you sell a bunch!
    CNC Programmer/Machinist
    Polarstar Engineering and Machine

Know this will be coming out has completely changed the direction of the project I was working on.

Z grip looks to have the same milling as the y Frame so probably won't work

Quote Originally Posted by Syko89 View Post
    Z grip looks to have the same milling as the y Frame so probably won't work
    I just pulled up a picture of your, you're correct, it's not going to work. (Bummer)

Finished the V10 prototype late last night, it worked, but I'm not 100% happy with the design changes and the machining so I'm going to do some massaging on the design and start over from there...

Finished V11 last night, reprograming today.

Knowing your work it will be done right.
    Time for a shooting video!

When I get it right or at least believe so, I'll try to do a little video.

The (re)programing on this takes up an entire day, I'm completely done fooling with this project already! lol.

I'll take one and maybe a second one. Do I need to sign up somewhere for this or will posting my interest here suffice?
    Awesome job by the way! IMHO it's people and products like this that keep this community so alive

No lists, no preorder. I'll be making 25, prepayments when production starts will be accepted for anyone that wants to secure one before they're completed...

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    No lists, no preorder. I'll be making 25, prepayments when production starts will be accepted for anyone that wants to secure one before they're completed...
    thanks. I'll susbcribe to this thread then and will be following/stalking it!
    Just curious: any idea as to when production will start (aprox.) in order to make that pmt asap when it becomes relevant to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by flampaint View Post
    thanks. I'll susbcribe to this thread then and will be following/stalking it!
    Just curious: any idea as to when production will start (aprox.) in order to make that pmt asap when it becomes relevant to do so?
    Impossible to tell at this point, we need a working model worthy of going to production first.

It's getting close is the only accurate answer.

Just curious, do you guys see the RT affect using the MPA3/MSV2 setup? Mine hit it with 40 psi input and I've seen it in every prototype I've tested.

It's not a problem, just turn the pressure up to 50 psi and it goes away. I'm sure people would even use it on occasion for fun, actually got to thinking it would be neat to have a reg design that would allow you to drop it on the fly to 40 psi, might be a cool gimmick.

Yup both of mine do that, I hope I ge another one with your valve soon

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    actually got to thinking it would be neat to have a reg design that would allow you to drop it on the fly to 40 psi, might be a cool gimmick.
    agree, that would be a pretty cool gimmick!

Machined the V11 prototype this morning. Ran 1500 psi threw it before I ran out of air, should have my shoebox by the end of the week.
    It works pretty good but I think there's an issue in the machining that needs addressed, I hope the design is good though.

All the parts were pushed, pulled, tugged and massaged in order to generate the space I needed for changes, I'm trying a ram new design too.

Came up with a name, didn't want to borrow from Zap so..... It's not a Cheater it's a Cheatah! Lame or cleaver I think it fits.
    I designed a Cheetah head too but it's much to small for any detail so I nixed it...

Hey guys I wanna tell you about this awesome new watch I got, its called a Rolox, totally original name.

Name:  jiFfM.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  66.6 KB
    Warp Feed Evangelist
    My Feedback

Can't please them all...

I want you to succeed. I want you to keep making awesome stuff.

I know you've got creative capacity, use it and come up with an original name. Seriously.

What exactly offends you about the name? I could easily go with Luke's Cheater, people will accept that easy enough. I was impressed with it's speed when I tested it the fist time in a marker, hence the play on the word Cheetah, is it the "a" that bothers you?

Magic Box ?

Magic Jack ?

Well anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Magic Box ?

Magic Jack ?

Well anyway....

Magic Jack is for making phone calls.

Magic Box, well the first thing that comes to mind is, well..... never mind this IS a PG13 forum.

Sarah’s record was 6.16 seconds for the 100 meters in 2001, fastest cat on the planet.

The oldschool AO meme, before memes were memes, "Bea a cheater" comes to mind.

And I thought it was going to be called the 1 legged T-Rex.

Well all I know its going to get expensive, I need the cheatah, double trigger mini vert, finger groove lpr foregrip, a rail, and body....

Do you have rails and bodies too ?

I like the name, its a catchy play on words. However, to appease the debbie downers, what about calling it "T-Rex"? It fits, this will be the baddest mofo on the field. Just like T-Rex was 65 million years ago.