Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    No. That does not breach the exterior of the frame. The diameter of that (deep) cut is only 3/8" wide.
    Ahh yes! I see that now.
    Cool!
    ......You know you want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    You cant put the LPR inside because there is no material to tap for the LPR. The bottom of the Intelli-Frame is machined out. take a look at the bottom and you will understand what I am talking about. . . . .

I have one idea that I have been kicking around as a solution to that but I am not willing to share it!
    Yeah, I noticed that. I'll probably make an insert the the LPR will be threaded into or one of my other ideas.

I've got plenty of ideas, just a lack of machining capability.

I just machined an Intelli looks there wont be any issues, there was an area that concerned me but we're good after all. I'll have to clean up the tool path, got some chatter but that can be fixed. Purpose build frames will be so much cleaner.

Purpose build frames will be so much cleaner.
    Yet, there are many more intelliframes and other frames out there. Just saying...

What is the hole in the tab towards the back for?
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

It's for mounting. Luke made his cheatah specifically to fit and mount in his frames. The tab can still be used for other frames but a bracket has to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by gotzskillz View Post
    Luke made his cheatah specifically to fit and mount in his frames.
    I'm kind of leaning towards the T-Rex name after some thought about it, well after Fred planted it in my head that Cheatah was cheezy (<

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    What is the hole in the tab towards the back for?
    Any frame I make down the road will have a built in mount in the frame, for now there will be a little bracket that can be screwed to the frame.

I'm kind of leaning towards the T-Rex name after some thought about it, well after Fred planted it in my head that Cheatah was cheezy (<
    I'm good with t-rex. Kinda liked it myself. Just wasn't sure which one you preferred haha.

Quote Originally Posted by gotzskillz View Post
    I'm good with t-rex. Kinda liked it myself. Just wasn't sure which one you preferred haha.
    Yea me to, Fred got in my head once he explained where he was coming from, now when I see Cheatah it doesn't work for me.

Couldn't you use slightly longer grip screws to hold the valve in?

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    Couldn't you use slightly longer grip screws to hold the valve in?
    Possible. But I believe somewhere earlier in the thread was mentioned the thinness of the walls and how unneeded pressure could eventually lead to failure. Correct me if I'm wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by Merce View Post
    Possible. But I believe somewhere earlier in the thread was mentioned the thinness of the walls and how unneeded pressure could eventually lead to failure. Correct me if I'm wrong though
    Yep, found it.

Probably, but I wanted to avoid having to fiddle with custom ground screws. I considered set screws, but they were actually a bad fit with the current design of grip panels, plus thin walls on the frame and valve made that a bad idea. It didn't sense to redesign the panels or valve to solve that problem. A mounting tab solves those issues and mounts the valve in the exact place it needs to be. No adjusting or fiddling or concern, just screw it down and your done.

One screw to hold the mount tab in and one screw to hold the valve.

An intergraded mounting tab into the design of the frame will make the mount 70% smaller and tucked back and out of the way.

The cut cutout around the set screw (RHS) is a grip screw relief so you don't have to have a special length screw.

Last edited by luke; 03-11-2015 at 08:13 PM.

Very nice.
    It will be perfect in my armada !

do you have a rough estimate as to what you'd charge for milling an Intelli in order to make this fit?
    I am quite sure i'll be getting at least two of these by now...

Quote Originally Posted by flampaint View Post
    do you have a rough estimate as to what you'd charge for milling an Intelli in order to make this fit?
    I am quite sure i'll be getting at least two of these by now...
    It won't be much, probably my minimum which is mostly a setup fee.

Well that's good news, cant wait to see this in action!

Quick question, likely a stupid one... The ram doesn't "toggle" does it? Still stays out until the trigger is released, like standard pneu-setups?
    Feedback
    God is good

Not sure what you mean by toggle, but the ram is returned by the sear.

It appears that there is nothing holding the ram into place. Is it safe to assume that if you pull the trigger with out the sear in place that the ram will be blown out the back?

The oring and the system as a whole contains the ram and trigger rod. Yes, the ram will pop out the body if it's not installed in the marker and you trigger the valve, but it actually doesn't get blown/blasted out the back, lol.

I've thought about a spring return which would contain and return the ram, just waiting to do more testing. So far it's been working great but I haven't had enough air to hammer on it yet.

My compressor is in route.

If the design doesn't pan out I'll toss it, but the testing up to this point has been promising...

Not sure what you mean by toggle, but the ram is returned by the sear.
    So, as long as you have the trigger pulled back, the ram will stay back?

The oring and the system as a whole contains the ram and trigger rod. Yes, the ram will pop out the body if it's not installed in the marker and you trigger the valve, but it actually doesn't get blown/blasted out the back, lol.
    I meant out the back of the cheater not the frame. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    I meant out the back of the cheater not the frame. . . .
    I know, wasn't implying anything, just trying to be clear as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by G Squat View Post
    So, as long as you have the trigger pulled back, the ram will stay back?
    The sear resets the ram, so it stays in the fired position until the on/off pin forces the sear to recock.

The sear resets the ram, so it stays in the fired position until the on/off pin forces the sear to recock.
    I understand that. My question was regarding what was always my problem with pneu-frames... Being that the ram stayed in the "fire" position as long as the trigger was held down and this often led to short-stoking. I always thought it'd be nice to have a ram that acted a lot more like a solenoid. One that was actuated and returned (by the sear) before the trigger is released.

This design still needs some rigorous testing, I'm not sure the concerns of previous builds will be relevant to this design or not, the flaws and or performance remain to be seen at this point.

I'd be interested if it fits your single trigger frame. You probly answered already but I didn't look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dono1 View Post
    I'd be interested if it fits your single trigger frame. You probly answered already but I didn't look.
    Yes, it will fit.

The only difference in the frames are the trigger guard.