Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    You cant put the LPR inside because there is no material to tap for the LPR. The bottom of the Intelli-Frame is machined out. take a look at the bottom and you will understand what I am talking about. . . . .

I have one idea that I have been kicking around as a solution to that but I am not willing to share it!
    I use to do it. just drill through the frame and tap directly into the asa

Quote Originally Posted by MANN View Post

I was gonna say this, but it seemed too obvious.
    Feedback
    God is good

Yeah if you DON'T want an On/Off ASA. . . . . other than using those crappy ones that are made for the Mini. . . . that screw onto the bottle and into the ASA. . . .

In my opinion that is a crappy band-aid . . . . . and I believe that I have built more MOTM Winners, total 9 at this point.

JUST SAYIN'
    ......You know you want one!!

Quote Originally Posted by G Squat View Post
    I was gonna say this, but it seemed too obvious.
    YEAH, You're So SMART!

Oh!? . . . . . . .and By The Way, I don't see any internal pneumatics in there. . . . . . .

Show me a completed functioning one!

Sorry for the derail Luke!

Guys this is a good topic but one topic for another thread at this point.
    Mann, no one is suggesting it's impossible or has never been done, just simply that the Intelli is not the ideal candidate for the LPR install.

Don' ask questions. It is considered "trolling" in some locations.
    There are complete pics somewhere. Along with one in a y frame. It has been years since I have worked on pneumag installs. I agree both were terrible asas (although they were not for the mini). At the time those were what I had so I made them work. You have a lot of nice mags Lougzzz. I was just posting to show it can be done. No it was not ideal, but they were functional.

Enough derailing this thread. I am glad to see it is someone reputable behind this. It is great to finally see someone make a drop in pneumag solution. It makes me want to buy another automag. I hope this becomes a stocked item.

Pleeeease become a stocked item. The anticipation is absolutely killing me. I don't think I have ever felt so stalkerish just by following a thread lol

There are complete pics somewhere. Along with one in a y frame. It has been years since I have worked on pneumag installs. I agree both were terrible asas (although they were not for the mini). At the time those were what I had so I made them work. You have a lot of nice mags Lougzzz. I was just posting to show it can be done. No it was not ideal, but they were functional.

Enough derailing this thread. I am glad to see it is someone reputable behind this. It is great to finally see someone make a drop in pneumag solution. It makes me want to buy another automag. I hope this becomes a stocked item.
    I believe luke said that it wouldn't work in a y or z frame due to the milling behind the trigger area is to thin

You know ,.....i would be " Willing " to help field test this "T-Rex " valve .
    All ya have to do is Send me one and the little mounting adapter of course LOL j/k
    Im 99% sure im gonna buy one ,and a mount block for this build so add me to the list if your making one

Figures you'd come out with an updated vert 86*, and awesome poppet valve , after im done LOL

I do apologize for not getting it out sooner, I'm trying my best to do right by you guys that have already purchased frames. Installs will be free including the bracket, plus the design is based around the current frame, I kind of needed to do some revisions but didn't.

The updated frame will simply have a built in threaded tab, however it's a ways off. I will not be doing an undated frame until current inventory is gone, no telling how long that will be.
    Last edited by luke; 03-13-2015 at 08:45 PM.

where are tha pics of tha internals of tha Cheater...or wat ever ur gonna call it…gonna be posted? ya posted pics of ur LPR fore grip internals…lets see sum internals of these?

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I do apologize for not getting it out sooner, I'm trying my best to do right by you guys
    This is the reason why you are the best.

So if the install is free would it be possible to order the T-rex as well as the frame and some other pieces all at once? I've been holding off on getting them until the T-Rex is complete.

you bet

Would you be able to post some pics of the internals?? Just curious on it, just want to know the product before wanting to buy and would personally like to see them!

I'm not posting pictures of internals right now, sorry.

Ok, no problem!

WEAK!!! how come no pics of tha internals. post up sum 3D pics of tha internals like ya do w/ur other parts.

Buy one and take it apart.

Will you offer a service to have these preinstalled with your frames when purchased at the same time?

Buy one and take it apart.

whoo whee….check out that sales pitch yo!!! so ya want money for these yet wen sum one asks for pics of tha internals to see wat they are gonna give you money for you say to buy it first and take it apart? didnt someone ask for a video of it shooting wen you posted how good it was shooting? does no video mean "buy one and take your own video"?

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    whoo whee….check out that sales pitch yo!!! so ya want money for these yet wen sum one asks for pics of tha internals to see wat they are gonna give you money for you say to buy it first and take it apart? didnt someone ask for a video of it shooting wen you posted how good it was shooting? does no video mean "buy one and take your own video"?
    I'll agree on the video part, I'd love to see one as well (purely out of curiosity though!). Although, I'm sure that these will work....

As for posting renderings or pics of the internals: I don't believe that Luke needs to post any of that in order to prove something. Luke has quite the positive reputation on here and he'd be a complete fool to try and rip off people now all of a sudden with this product... All the stuff I've bought from him has been A+ quality and I am 100% sure he knows what he's doing in this case too.

just my 2 cents on this and sorry if this went OT a bit once again

To need4reebs: Well seeing that Luke is extremely reputable and has very good customer handling skills for a small business I would make the assumption that he's just too busy actually trying to perfect his product than to bow down to your every command.

Man, sometimes it tough to tell when someone is being facetious or just a tool (not in this case). It's his product, his design and ultimately his decision to give out schematics on a design that is not even finished yet. If you are not satisfied by that than just don't buy one, I'm just happy there are folks willing to put these designs and parts together. Hell I don't see a lot of profit in it, so amazed people still do it.

Read the entire thread for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by flampaint View Post
    I'll agree on the video part, I'd love to see one as well (purely out of curiosity though!). Although, I'm sure that these will work....

As I posted on the 9th I'm out of air and waiting on my compressor so I can do more testing.
    I'm not going to post a video until I'm done with the prototype testing, it makes no sense to do so before I've finished the design.

Quote Originally Posted by Loguzzzzzz View Post
    You cant put the LPR inside because there is no material to tap for the LPR. The bottom of the Intelli-Frame is machined out. take a look at the bottom and you will understand what I am talking about. . . . .

I have one idea that I have been kicking around as a solution to that but I am not willing to share it!
    I had asked Luke about maybe machining a simple solution like this

He said if he got enough people to cover the cost he'd do it.

Name:  gt_dovetail.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  72.4 KB

Basically this simple part would let you make a sleeper mag with the LPR in the grip and use any choice of dovetail On/Offs including our beloved adjustable tank regulators like the Armageddons, Flatlines, and SP MaxFlo's. If it's popular enough maybe make some with the hole on the left and some with the hole on the right?

Combine this with a tickler LPR, Lukes frame (pre drilled on the bottom) and cheater and it's about as turn key as you can get for a self contained sleeper setup without having to dremel any expensive custom stuff.

Use one of these to screw into the ntp port on the drop, through the hole in the bottom of the frame, and into the LPR
    Name:  41UsasLel-L._SX342_.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  14.9 KB

Happy to share ideas cuz nobody gets rich off paintball and the person turning an idea into reality is the one putting in the work.
    Last edited by boo; 03-15-2015 at 12:41 AM.

Correct me if I'm wrong/confused, so the air out from the Asa goes into the side of the drop and then to the lpr. How does it get to the marker vavlve?

Luke has done quite a bit for the Mag community (including contributing a fair amount of money to keep this forum going from what I understand) and I am sure he will thoroughly test and provide a shooting video to show this product in action, but attacking him or attempting to brow beat him into posting up cad or specs of a product he is selling is a bit much. Considering the main antagonist has posted up on FB that he has made his own version of the cheater a couple of weeks back seems questionable at best. For the sake of those of us asking for someone to take the reigns up and start producing Cheaters or a version of them, please stop attempting to derail this thread.

Keep up the good work Luke.

The Shoebox arrived but I didn't catch on to the fact that I needed a oil free prestage compressor until this arrived so I wasn't prepared when it showed up. I looked locally but didn't see anything I liked so I ordered one. Testing will be postponed for a little longer, were inching closer.

I gotta say that the workmanship on the F8 is far beyond what I'm use to in todays world. This thing is gorgeous and screams made in America (Back when that meant something)! Well done TK.