Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

yeah you need oil free, you are filling tanks to a point of pressure that will make your tanks a bomb if oil comes in with the air.

but it is cool to see you finally got one.

does this mean more pneumatic type products to come?

Air makes many things possible and no more 4 hour trips to fill scuba tanks, and better yet no more running out!
    Last edited by luke; 03-15-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Air makes many things possible and no more 4 hours trips to fill scuba tanks, and better yet no more running out!
    that awesome.
    I have the compressor but no F8

Quote Originally Posted by gotzskillz View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong/confused, so the air out from the Asa goes into the side of the drop and then to the lpr. How does it get to the marker vavlve?
    I was thinking just a simple 1/8 npt t valve
    Name:  mh6grbrwtv2CqqBUmLZ_0jA.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  6.8 KB

Boo, please start a new thread so we can keep this on track. Thanks.

+1

+2

Air makes many things possible and no more 4 hour trips to fill scuba tanks, and better yet no more running out!
    I can literally drive through 4 states in that time. From my house to Washington D.C. i vuess it doesn't help that you kive in a desert

buy one and take it apart.
    Good Answer!
    ......You know you want one!!

Hows the testing going?

The Shoebox arrived but I didn't catch on to the fact that I needed a oil free prestage compressor until this arrived so I wasn't prepared when it showed up. I looked locally but didn't see anything I liked so I ordered one. Testing will be postponed for a little longer, were inching closer.

I gotta say that the workmanship on the F8 is far beyond what I'm use to in todays world. This thing is gorgeous and screams made in America (Back when that meant something)! Well done TK.
    Still waiting on the oil free compressor, it still hasn't shipped, getting antsy...

I think we're all a little antsy lol

I'm trying to cancel my online order for the compressor and just buy one local...

I remember when we used to have a tiny hardware store in our little town that'd order stuff for you. Now we have to drive hours to the home depot for anything

I'm trying to cancel my online order for the compressor and just buy one local...

It looks like it's going on the UPS truck tonight.

Small update:
    Received my Emag magnets and my air compressor this morning.

Also, just finished machining the test frame, I added an 1/8" hole under the sear at the on/off and added machining for magnets to aid trigger return.

Got the shoebox cranking out some air, just a few minutes away from filling my first SCUBA tank.

It's too late to do any testing on the OLTR valve but will get after it tomorrow.

I see the magnet at the arrow on the right but whats the left arrow pointing to ?

(the toothpick was a nice touch !)

its to push the sear so you can pull the valve when it has been degassed. same thing is on the hyperframes.

Ok where is the update

-grub

I ran 2000 psi from a scuba tank through the new v11 valve that was untested, it works and all but there "seems" to be a performance difference compared to the v9.1 which I like so much.

I really like the v9.1s performance all around, I actually have no complaints with it at all, but the way its setup it goes against what AGD says is required in general for a valve to operate properly. Also, its 180* different compared to the MPA3 ram setup which gives a small mental obstacle to hurtle. I have brain freeze on the next step (lol) so I'm planning to retest v9.1 on the three AGD valves I have because I don't have a better plan.

I think I know the problem with the v11 but its not an easy fix and I'm 75% sure I can't do it on this current platform anyway, which pretty much means a new design from ground zero.

Currently topping off the scuba, by tomorrow I should have two full scuba tanks.

Just setup and tested an X valve with ULT (On the v9.1) it rips! Performance may be better than ReTro valve with a standard on/off valve.

Just setup and tested an X valve with ULT (On the v9.1) it rips! Performance may be better than ReTro valve with a standard on/off valve.
    I'm not questioning whether you did your homework, but have you gained any understanding from AGD concerning the stated requirements for the valve to operated and behave properly versus your knowledge and findings from v9.1? I would think there has to be a logical explanation?

I have not talked to AGD about this, I'm just going off the known facts as they relate to the trigger rod length and the on/off pin. I was only referring to what we know about requirements for a tuned mechanical marker and how the MPA3 is normally set up in a Pneumag. The v9.1 basically breaks every one of those rules, and works great and I don't know why, lol. What's troublesome is that it works better than all the other I've tested but by the "rules" it shouldn't...

I shot two little videos, they're basically the same but I'll post both. Don't give me crap about my lazy arse fingers, I know they're slow!

OLTR with X-valve with ULT.

looking at the pictures, what is the minimum wall thickness near those top gripframe screws?

no I mean from inside to outside

The wall thickness is 0.08" on the Mini Vert.
    The wall thickness on the Intelli is 0.09".

Is there a trigger stop in that trigger? Looks like there is a lot of over travel. How adjustable will this be ?

All the adjustment is in the trigger (Two stops) so its completely adjustable in that regard.
    The valve stem has a travel distance of 0.04" and has an internal stop so the valve can't bottom out.
    This frame has the magnets at the top stop so I didn't bother playing with the set screws.
    If you look closely at the video you will see that the trigger is not hitting the back of the guard so the travel is shorter than it looks.

Yep....definitely exciting stuff!