Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

Here are a few more tests, just to show what I'm seeing and where the project is at testing wise, I don't think its a final design.

My camera batteries were low so I wasn't picky on the video I kept, they died after the last test so this is it for now.

Retro Valve with 0.74" on/off pin>

Retro Valve #2 with 0.75" on/off pin. 40 psi to OLTR. Full RT effect, I cuffed a few times but didn't have the camera batter to re shoot.

Retro Valve #2 0.75" on/off pin about 43-44 psi boarder line full RT which my lazy finger like.

Quote Originally Posted by need4reebs View Post
    WEAK!!! how come no pics of tha internals. post up sum 3D pics of tha internals like ya do w/ur other parts.
    As much as I would love to see whats going on I would advise Luke not to post pictures of the internals. Atleast until they are selling. Which then at some point a buyer is gonna take one apart and show everyone.

The reason is simple. There are people like me out there that can reverse engineer from a picture to a very good degree. Now unlike myself some will not have the decency to not reverse engineer it. I know lukes put alot of time into this and I would hate to see anyones design copied. Having your design copied is NOT flattering its a violation.

Fyi for anyone: Never post a straight picture/rendering of your design. Especially before you make it. Always have it skewed. Wont stop someone but makes it alot more difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

Agreed 100%, me too.

However the internals are not a huge secret nothing magical there. The big deal is the attitude of the guy demanding to see then throwing a temper tantrum when he didn't get his way. I don't feel I'm under any obligation to share anything I don't want to. Actually the post was no big surprise, if anything I got a little laugh out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    Is there a trigger stop in that trigger? Looks like there is a lot of over travel. How adjustable will this be ?
    TBH I really haven't tried to dial these in real tight, I was more concerned about basic function over ridge fine tuning. I did do some more tests after you ask about it and was able to remove a bunch to travel with the lower set screw, actually the screw wasn't long enough, I could have taken more out.

I'll spend more time on that as I start to dial these in.

I haven't read through the whole thread yet so forgive me if I've missed something... But PLEASE ADD ME TO THE LIST!

Assuming this will fit an Intelliframe at some point I'm in! Put me down for 1 please.

*EDIT* Ok. Now I've read the whole thread... No change to my preliminary sentiment. */EDIT*
    Last edited by SpyderBoy; 03-25-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderBoy View Post
    Assuming this will fit an Intelliframe at some point I'm in! Put me down for 1 please.
    See post #153 page 6.

I like that trigger the best of your 3 options.

When do you get time to restore old vehicles ?

nice! getting more anctious about this by the day.
    I like the rail on your test-mag btw. Is that one of yours? (aplogies for the OT)

The first machining I ever did was I ULE milled my AM rail, this was my second, its an RTP rail.

I just watched the vids you made and they made me grin from ear to ear.:-)
    Looking sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    When do you get time to restore old vehicles ?
    It's a huge challenge making time for anything personal that's shop related! I've been trying to keep weekends open for the truck build but it's hit or miss and general only a few hours of work at a time...

Here's a Classic valve test. The on/off seems a little slow, I tend to cuff it some but I can't really walk a trigger anyway. It works on the same settings as the other valves.

Thanks goes out to Scott for donating the valve to test!

Fiiine *pulls out credit card*

I regret selling my gforce mag, I regret selling the cheater. I'll regret selling this someday too

I don't have a ton of pneumag experience so this might be a stupid question.
    In the vid clip where you have the LPR set at 44 psi, are you also using a SHP tank or standard output?
    If you are standard tank this is a no brainier for me, I hate having to have three separate tank for different output pressures.
    I like having the novelty of going full rt once in awhile but typically play with a normal pressure.
    I could sell my SHP tank and this would almost save me money (rationalizing)

More progress, looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by jame4091 View Post
    I don't have a ton of pneumag experience so this might be a stupid question.
    In the vid clip where you have the LPR set at 44 psi, are you also using a SHP tank or standard output?
    If you are standard tank this is a no brainier for me, I hate having to have three separate tank for different output pressures.
    I like having the novelty of going full rt once in awhile but typically play with a normal pressure.
    I could sell my SHP tank and this would almost save me money (rationalizing)
    All the tests were done with the SHP, turns out the output pressure was in the neighborhood of 1300 psi, just figured that out today. I ended up pulling all the shims and the output pressure is still over 1000 psi. I don't believe that much pressure is necessary so I plan on testing at lower input pressures when I get a reg figured out. I expect the lower pressures to be fine, just need to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I just machined an Intelli looks there wont be any issues, there was an area that concerned me but we're good after all. I'll have to clean up the tool path, got some chatter but that can be fixed. Purpose build frames will be so much cleaner.

In this regard, is there any chance that you'll purpose build sleepers with the intention of getting the LPRs inside the grip frame on the mini vert? Or is some level of tinkering still required...?

He already sells the foregrip reg now.

He already sells the foregrip reg now.

I was thinking maybe I didn't want to give him ALL of my money...

Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    In this regard, is there any chance that you'll purpose build sleepers with the intention of getting the LPRs inside the grip frame on the mini vert? Or is some level of tinkering still required...?
    I'm pretty sure it will be easy on my Mini Vert and Cougars M86, but not sure with the current design meaning perhaps on the next generation of frames with built in mounts and internal mounting brackets removed. (Purpose built for the OLTR)

Inteli frames will be the most difficult and hold little interest for me to problem solve those issues. I would rather just machine a "Intelli replica" from scratch fixing the problems with a new frame.

Lack of support for products on the shelf leads to little or no incentive to develop new ones and initiates the search for greener pastures.

Well the only bad thing is everything is raw.

If only he had everything anodised dust black.

Well the only bad thing is everything is raw.

If only he had everything anodised dust black.

I will start offering anodizing but ALL options will disappear which means there will be at least 75% less products.

For example, I offer 5 options of LPR-FG's that will decrease to 1.
    Zero options for grip engraving.
    Rails would only be offered in prepaid runs.
    I would probably reconsider parts like my grip frames, it would likely only be offered in one version.
    Triggers, 3 designs each for the Intelli and Emag, that would have never happened had the parts been headed to anno.
    Etc, Etc, Etc.
    There's a system in play behind the scenes that allows me to offer all the options I do. If you throw anno in the mix, it would literally double my current inventory which would never work in this market.
    Last edited by luke; 03-30-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Its fine, I'm about the only one that would want black, most will want something custom anyway.....

I'm pretty sure it will be easy on my Mini Vert and Cougars M86, but not sure with the current design meaning perhaps on the next generation of frames with built in mounts and internal mounting brackets removed. (Purpose built for the OLTR)

Inteli frames will be the most difficult and hold little interest for me to problem solve those issues. I would rather just machine a "Intelli replica" from scratch fixing the problems with a new frame.
    I really want to get on this list, but I'm really interested in having it be a sleeper with the LPR inside a mini vert frame. The problem for me (not that anyone cares) is that I don't have the tools to really do much tinkering, so I'd like to have a drop-in solution that just requires an LPR, a crescent wrench and some fiddling with low pressure tubing to get running pretty soon after getting the frame back from ano. I guess I'll wait for the next gen, though.

That said, you will definitely have SOME of my money, just not ALL of it. I'm happy to support your innovation, just at the time it best suits what I think is most innovative. If it really comes down to make or break, I'll hop on this one and make it work.

I guess I'll wait for the next gen, though.
    No idea if or when the next generation will happen, won't happen until current inventory is gone.

No idea if or when the next generation will happen, won't happen until current inventory is gone.
    I'd be curious to see what the price tag on a package for a rail with airline milling, an LPR foregrip and a mini vert with the T-Rex will go for. If the package deal offers a convincing of a discount compared to buying each one separately, I might be swayed to start saving now.

But obviously I know it's too early to have an exact idea on pricing, particularly for packages. So I'll just start saving and subscribe to the thread.

A complete marker package with t-rex and foregrip reg, minus whatever you don't supply (sear, sear pin, and valve ?) would be interesting.

Course that's after you offer your body/rail combo.

Any updates... My mag is patiently waiting