Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: One Legged T-Rex (OLTR)

Interested, time for a new build. I'll have to get a mod one of your vert frames I already have.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Its more that I believe the sear to be slightly foward on a classic rt. Cant say ive confirmed it but after several builds that seems to be my conclusion.
    If that's the case a custom ram may be necessary and perhaps machine the back end of the valve housing. That is as long as the sear leg does not have added stroke length.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    If that's the case a custom ram may be necessary and perhaps machine the back end of the valve housing. That is as long as the sear leg does not have added stroke length.
    i see no difference between the sear i pulled from the classic rt, and the rt sear i have. also with the sear axle installed i measured from the back edge of the front frame hole to the farthest edge of the sear axle: classic rt measured 2.9" and my rt length armada rail measured 2.95". i will take better measurements tomorrow morning with calipers at work. so the classic rt sear does sit farther forward.

As long as the stroke isn't significantly longer there may be a solution. The issue with the valve would be the travel distance of the ram, the starting position cannot be changed but the face could be shaved some. If it has to travel to far it will eject itself out the back of the body or lose it's seal...

Just shave the front edge of the sear. Worked on the e90 rt and could still be used as a mech if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

For the record: this is pretty darn neat, and reading about the improvements made compared to the prior cheater is cool. The original cheaters are always snapped up quick in the BST, so good to see more people with an opportunity to get in on one. Also, cool to see the wisdom of KAM flowing forward regarding production runs and such.

All that said, and I don't want to turn this into a pile of poo, but I'll be "that guy" as it doesn't look like anyone else has stepped up yet. Has all the legal voodoo with DW and or PTP been sorted out, or is this a "damn the torpedoes" kind of adventure? Just wouldn't want to see Luke step into the guano that is the paintball industry at large. . .

I'm interested.

Just shave the front edge of the sear. Worked on the e90 rt and could still be used as a mech if needed.
    If it's that simple, just sanding the front of the ram may be a better/easier route, probably wont even have to mess with the body. This ram is solid not hollowed out in the back like the zap ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    All that said, and I don't want to turn this into a pile of poo, but I'll be "that guy" as it doesn't look like anyone else has stepped up yet. Has all the legal voodoo with DW and or PTP been sorted out, or is this a "damn the torpedoes" kind of adventure? Just wouldn't want to see Luke step into the guano that is the paintball industry at large. . .
    I was working with Forrest (Helped with properly reversed engineered files) to help him get the Zap Cheater to market but his machine shop bumped him for a larger job. He ask me to take over the project.

Personally I didn't like the Zap design and didn't want to copy it (Out of pride I guess) so to do the job I had to design my own cheater...

Also, cool to see the wisdom of KAM flowing forward regarding production runs and such.
    I don't understand the reference?

would love to have one of these for my build. I have and can only afford an intelli-frame, so ill have to wait i guess. But wouldn't mind offering my frame for testing within reason of course.

Don't give it another thought; I'd rather not muck up the thread further. Question asked and answered on the legal front.

Now, more about the new cool shiny things!

Pretty sure the two pneumatic trigger patents are all encompassing, a bolt on completed trigger frame like Gforce.

This is just one component, the buyer would still have to get other components to complete the project.

Not to worry.

Just finished another test (9pm in my garage, quiet neighborhood, no barrel) the first on a fully assembled marker, ReTro Valve .75" on/off pin, Level 10 Bolt, gold spring, no trigger stops, no trigger return magnets, three words, Sweet Baby Jesus!

50 psi to cheater is insanely walkable, couldn't seem to short stroke it if I tried, drop the pressure to 40 psi and the RT effect so badass it would have little boys on the field peeing themselves. Wow, that's all I have to say about that.

is it similar to the msv2 style 2 ways that vent when the trigger is held? or maybe that was just the one i had that needed an oring.

Quote Originally Posted by captian pinky View Post
    is it similar to the msv2 style 2 ways that vent when the trigger is held? or maybe that was just the one i had that needed an oring.
    There was nothing wrong with the MSV2, that is the way it's designed to work.

Just finished another test (9pm in my garage, quiet neighborhood, no barrel) the first on a fully assembled marker, ReTro Valve .75" on/off pin, Level 10 Bolt, gold spring, no trigger stops, no trigger return magnets, three words, Sweet Baby Jesus!

50 psi to cheater is insanely walkable, couldn't seem to short stroke it if I tried, drop the pressure to 40 psi and the RT effect so badass it would have little boys on the field peeing themselves. Wow, that's all I have to say about that.
    WHat no video???????

I'm in for at least one!

Nice to hear its finally coming luke, in for one.

I have an intelli for testing... I love this!!!

If it's that simple, just sanding the front of the ram may be a better/easier route, probably wont even have to mess with the body. This ram is solid not hollowed out in the back like the zap ram.
    You would figure, but that has never been the case with the classic RTs.

I hope this works awesome. This is something that is way over due... a high quality high performance version anyhow. Testing looks promising.

Luke do you have a rough idea how far out this is from being released? I realize your still in testing, just curious.

Can who ever has the CAD for the original M90 (Tuna/BigE?) check if the exterior profile of the valve will fit that frame.
    Last edited by Mole1119; 03-04-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEvil View Post
    You would figure, but that has never been the case with the classic RTs.
    I've never fooled with them so I really don't know what's possible. Perhaps what I've offered as a solution can be used to figure it out. My real point is there's almost no play in the valve to be making adjustments, everything is pretty much sitting on the edge tolerance wise.

Quote Originally Posted by magman313 View Post
    Luke do you have a rough idea how far out this is from being released? I realize your still in testing, just curious.
    Soon I hope.

I've never fooled with them so I really don't know what's possible. Perhaps what I've offered as a solution can be used to figure it out. My real point is there's almost no play in the valve to be making adjustments, everything is pretty much sitting on the edge tolerance wise.
    I asked TK a while back and he said there were no differences between the RT and Classic RT geometry that he knew of. There is definitely something just different enough to make a mess of best-laid-plans though..

Yea, this valve probably won't be the end-all solution to all the configurations out there, and I definitely won't make that claim.

First priority is a working valve in my frames, the rest is an entirely different project. It's just easier to keep the focus narrowed enough to keep ones sanity, the project has enough hurtles to jump and details to juggle without all the extra baggage

Cougar has the necessary dimensions to check the frames he has modeled. I just don't have the time or the desire to jump into that right now, I'm a tad fried on the project as it is...

I won't be able to personally test that setup, has anyone built a pneumag on the Classic RT platform using a MSV2 and MPA-3 ram yet? If so it shouldn't be a problem but that's just a guess.
    Done many years ago probably 5 or 6 now. . . . .

Classic RT Pneumag.

The Y grip takes extensive milling to make a MPA-3 and MSV-2 work. The MPA-3 must also be modified. I have built a few and in fact just finished one for a guy in Florida. Probably shipping it in the next couple days. I am going to say that I really doubt that this will work in a Y Grip.

Like THIS. . . . . .

......You know you want one!!

CORRECTION: M86's will need to be machined to fit this.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 03-04-2015 at 02:42 PM.

It appears to fit the M86,

Even could use the side mounting screws. But first check with Luke to make sure the design can handle the side pressure. Hate to have someone crush their cheater.
    Mounting it like Luke shows in the picture could be alittle interesting since the mounting plates in the frames are different. Worst case for mounting would be having to make a custom mount block similar to what Luke shows.
    There's room, but it will still need machined correct?

Set screws will work but will need to be strategically located to avoid the thinnest part of the ram cavity which is 0.030" thick.
    I went with a built in mounting tab so it has a positive and repeatable mount location.