Thread: My de-railed rail...

My de-railed rail...

Thanks to everyone who helped out when I asked on the tech forum. I went ahead and did it.

Once upon a time I got a Box O' Parts with a classic rail in it that I swear, someone took the anno off with a grinding wheel.

Skip ahead a few years. I decided to make a nice smooth classic rail by milling the side rails off. I'm sending it out to be anno'd black, but I think it came out nice and I couldn't wait to post pictures.

From the front. I rounded off the front. The foregrip I'm going to use is going to look fine.

The rear...I had to cut into the locating pin channel, but it seems to hold in a valve just fine.

There's still enough meat to hold in the sear pin...

I'll post pictures when it's done and mounted on the gun.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    that's pretty much how i would make a classic rail, just mill the sides, round the front and actually make it a little bit longer (same length as a classic am body).

Nice, what tools did U use?

A milling machine. I clamped it in sideways, and used a polymer clay called Super Sculpty to hold in the round part. I used a similar technique to hold in a round ball to drill for a Phantom pump handle.

Nice, i did the same with a rail a long time ago, rounded the front to fit flush with a vert ASA.

Quote Originally Posted by BiNumber3 View Post
    Nice, i did the same with a rail a long time ago, rounded the front to fit flush with a vert ASA.
    I actually did that originally, before I took the side rails off, but since the gun I'm going to use this on has a gadget grip, and it's smaller than that, I decided to round it off even more.