Thread: Benchmark Micromag Single Trigger Frame w/ Lightning Ano

Benchmark Micromag Single Trigger Frame w/ Lightning Ano

Not listed under "automag", so I thought it'd be worth posting. Was this a factory ano?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICRO-MAG-MI...item339f140be1
    Feedback
    God is good

Quote Originally Posted by G Squat View Post
    Not listed under "automag", so I thought it'd be worth posting. Was this a factory ano?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICRO-MAG-MI...item339f140be1
    Damn. I tried to place a bid, but it quickly got over $20...

Good luck.

There were like, 6 Lightning Micromags. They were done as a demo run for PTP to show what these guys could do. After that, as far as I know, PTP didn't hear any more from them. For this thing to not be on a Micro is a sad thing.
    If I'm off, please correct me.

Condition looks really weird. Something is obviously peeling/flaking off of it. Looks like it was in the bottom of someones toolbox for the last 15 years.

that's definitely NOT ano
    its some sort of old school wrap or dip and its peeling

Quote Originally Posted by OPBN View Post
    Condition looks really weird. Something is obviously peeling/flaking off of it. Looks like it was in the bottom of someones toolbox for the last 15 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by NU_METAL View Post
    that's definitely NOT ano
    its some sort of old school wrap or dip and its peeling
    From the PTP ano sticky on MCB:
    Quote Originally Posted by tracy_ptp View Post
    We did less than 10 of these as well as a pattern called Armageddon which had red lightning bolts on it. 2 of each which were sold in Canada. These are not true anodize. They were airbrushed with the patterns with a clear coat anodizing over it. It had a tendency to peel, which is why we didn't keep it. It was one of the coolest patterns!!
    Stay Classy, AO...
    BEO: RIP / Topgun Paintball: RIP / Old MCB: RIP

Too bad it is in such bad condition or it would be mine.

If it's airbrushed on there, I wonder if you could try to remove the flaking coat and then clear coat it.

Quote Originally Posted by zondo View Post
    From the PTP ano sticky on MCB:
    We did 6 Lighting and 6 Armageddon (looked like a firestorm...) and took them to the 1993 (?) Mayhem Masters in the U.K. They were airbrushed by a really talented guy who was a family member of an anodizing/plating/powder coat facility in the mid-west. The top coat was a concern to us - as everything we did then was pretty much bulletproof, but we never had a chance to work with them again to tweak the process (b-cuzz is correct). The guy was talented but a bit of a wandering artist and left to become a cabinet maker... The topcoat could possibly be brought back literally to new by a decent paint shop...

Quote Originally Posted by swe_crazy View Post
    Too bad it is in such bad condition or it would be mine.
    Do you have a lightning mag missing the frame?

From the listing description it's possible that he has the body and added some e-frame conversion... I wish that I could see it first-hand. I used to do custom paint back when I was in my teens (40 years ago...) and it was hit-or-miss but I think the bubbled topcoat could be removed and re-sprayed. Depending upon what the frame goes for it might be worth buying, and if it can't be restored just strip and re-ano. I have the new style machined aluminum triggers in stock to bring it up to the newest spec, and the grips are worth something. I'm betting it gets bid up quite a bit...

Nope! I just like to spend money on paintball stuff I do not really need ... just like my wife .... but her addiction is shoes ...

The guy said he sold his MM a while ago and just found the frame in his toolbox.

I have wondered what one of these would go for. I have one with a micro valve but no micro body. Was the body done in the same pattern as the frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven691 View Post
    I have wondered what one of these would go for. I have one with a micro valve but no micro body. Was the body done in the same pattern as the frame?
    Yep... If you google "Lightning Micromag" you'll see a couple really nice ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven691 View Post
    Yes - the body was done in the same pattern. Very unusual for something so rare to be separated but I imagine there were a few Picasso line drawings used as fireplace starters over the years...

I got it in as a trade about 10 years ago. I'd love to find the body that goes with the frame. I will say that she's a bit time worn, but I don't hang my guns on the wall. Thanks for the info everyone! Now I need to tune up an ugly old RT...

i'll swear I've seen the micro that this frame goes to in a picture somewhere.