Thread: 9 v mods

9 v mods

is the 9v mod on the halo hopper worth it? it should be lighter than the 6 aa's I would think.

the AA's last longer, but I don't like needing to carry 9v's and AA's so that's the primary reason I did the mod. The Halo still works just fine and is a little lighter.

If you want lighter, find a AAA battery holder and use the smaller AAA batteries. They will have much greater capacity than the 9V batteries and be quite a bit lighter than the AA cells.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

I herd U can use a 9volt rite off the harness adapter for the 6AAA pack. I tried, but the only 9volt I had was from 2010. The red dead battery light did come on tho...

The 6AA battery pack that is in the HALO is 9V. The 9V mod is just two 9V batteries in parallel to give more capacity for the lighter 9V batteries. You still don't get as much capacity from 2 x 9V batteries in parallel.

A good quality industrial 9v battery will have a capacity of about 500mAh at a discharge rate of 100mA and a capacity of about 200mAh at a discharge rate of 500mA. Note: ordinary Duracell batteries only have about 300mAh at a 100mA discharge rate, which is not what you would believe from the ads on TV. Two 9V batteries in parallel will give you a best case scenario of 1000mAh of capacity. Most are less than that at around 800mAh.

A set of good quality AA batteries in a 9V pack will give you about 2200mAh at a 100mA discharge rate and about 1300mAh at a 500mA discharge rate.

A set of good quality AAA batteries in a 9V pack will give you about 1100mAh at a 100mA discharge rate and about 650mAh at a 500mA discharge rate.

If you are concerned about weight, 6 x AA batteries weigh 138g, 6 x AAA batteries weigh 69g, and 2 x 9V batteries weigh 91g. The 6 x AAA battery pack is the best choice based on weight and capacity when compared to a pair of 9V batteries.

picked up a new 9volt battery, pluged it in rite off the factory plug off the AA pack & it worked. sweet...