Thread: How old Automags Evolve. Chronicaling my latest build.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How old Automags Evolve. Chronicaling my latest build.

So this is a unintentional build. Never really planned on it. Just kind of evolved. Started as getting a nice mech loaner style mag.

This old automag became available to me at a good price. So I have my redneck friend (Jim) ship it to me. Agree to buy it over a year ago, paid a few months ago. Received it this week. Perfect loaner gun.

Planned on using it the way I got it as a loaner. But while waiting I decided to change the build from a reassemble it and use it as is to a “let the automag Evolve”.
    So disassemble the Classic mag,

First the pile is parts to be kept,
    Hmmm. What happened here. Not much left.

Now the pile of parts not needed. Maybe sell most of them, Maybe just keep them.

So after visiting the BST here on AO,BEO & contacting Tuna I have this pile of parts to use. Some extras just for good measure. Its all Ryan's fault. If he hadn't sold me the CF MM body I wouldn't have needed all the rest of the parts. VER's been in my paintball dresser for years waiting for something to go on.

Mock up assembly, Damn it forgot the feedneck & detents at home. Knew I was forgetting something.
    Trying to decide Dust black or gloss purple. Which ever I will anodize all the aluminum to match if its not already. If black I still need to get a DW CF barrel.
    Also need to decide VER or M90.
    Still need to make a Titanium sear pin and gather some Titanium or aluminum screws.

Now that the gun has evolved it has become lighter, leaner, faster & meaner.

First observation. Its light but very back heavy.
    The Xvalve weights twice what the M90 does.
    The VER weights about 3/4 what the xvalve does. Probably closer to equal with a battery.

As well as the gun getting lighter my wallet did to. Gathered most of the parts without worrying about keeping a tally of cost until the end. Note to self. DON'T ever look at that column in the spreadsheet again.
    Last edited by cougar20th; 03-13-2015 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.