Thread: Can't Recycle Air Fast Enough

Can't Recycle Air Fast Enough

Here's what I'm working with, a MiniMag with X-Valve and level 10 with a Ninja Pro SHP valve.
    The level 10 works fine, The X-Valve will RT.
    My problem is when I find the sweet spot and it RT's you can watch the air drop until it gets too low to fire. Like the air does not get back into the valve fast enough to continue the RT'ing. Not that I want to RT like that in a game, but my E-Mag and my RT Pro both have X-Valves and they recycle the air fast enough to keep the air full 1000 to 1100 the whole time.
    My question is do you think it is a valve problem or maybe a volume problem (not enough volume to keep the air at the valve)?
    The MiniMag has a much smaller air through grip, but is using all steel braided hoses and I took out the little filter.

just guessing buy I would go with volume being the main culprit. you might try taking the air system off one of your other markers and see if there is a difference.

It's funny after I typed this up I started really thinking it might be that. Maybe tomorrow I will see if I've got a hose long enough to just run straight to the valve.

The one with problems has a ShockTech gas through.

My guess is , there is a piece of old "O" ring or maybe Teflon tape , blocking the X-valves Inlet to its reg . It sounds like it cant "RE-charge" fast enough to attain the R/T cycle we all love
    I always play the Switch parts around game , to determine where to start looking . Swap a known good X valve and see if it acts the same .
    Ive had blockages is mircro lines, and fittings, driving me insane ,but testing and isolating the problem is the only way . if you have more then one SHP tank, then swap them around also

Well I figured it out. It was the original vertical ASA that came with my Minimag. First thing I did was blow through everything and the only thing that had resistance was the vertical ASA. So I drilled out the smaller hole to about the same size as the hole in my bicycle air through, and viola. I aired it back up and found the sweet spot and it will rock without dropping air at all. The only problem is I scratched the F' out of my pretty blue anode Shock Tech gas through grip while removing it. But that's fine I'll wait until I come across a blue bicycle grip in blue and replace it.

Blue sharpie fixes all...