Thread: How long does macroline last?

How long does macroline last?

I have some macroline I bought from Macrolineguy.com like 6 years ago... Should I replace it all or can I expect it to still be good?

I am sure that the line will deteriorate, but as long as it holds air, it should be fine.

Thanks Nobody. I appreciate it. Here's what I just put together out of "spare" parts. That's the 6-year old macroline on there.

Name:  20150321_210709.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  90.6 KB

Name:  20150321_210810.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  86.1 KB

Cyco-Dude Guest
    damn, i wish i had spare parts that nice just sitting around! haha!!

:d
    Last edited by SpyderBoy; 03-23-2015 at 07:38 PM.

in the same vein of "how long," anyone got a good way to store macro to keep it soft? All the macro I've bought in the last 2 years (around 10 feet) has turned rock hard both sitting in the open and in a sealed bag. Granted it came to me pretty stiff to begin with. Just changed up the setup on my Phantom that I've had for a good 5+ years and the macro on that was still soft and easy to cut. Stuff I've been getting recently has been hard enough that I score it with a razor then snap it off on the edge of my work bench.
    I made the mistake of trading for a mag...now I'm trapped
    Cocker, Automag, and Misc Parts FS

Hmm, ive been using the same piece of microline for the last 14-15 years. Its still as flexable as always. No special storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
    I keep forgetting to not feed my mags after midnight so they seem to multiply regularly.

I like that answer! Hope I have that kind of longevity with mine.

I'm not sure plastic breaks down much unless its exposed to heat or sunlight for prolonged periods (sunlight = heat in the land of liquid sunshine).

Quote Originally Posted by cougar20th View Post
    Hmm, ive been using the same piece of microline for the last 14-15 years. Its still as flexable as always. No special storage.
    Microline or macroline? and I think they've changed the way they make macroline since my Phantom macroline is still soft while my newer macroline is hard from the start.

Just remember that Black Parker Macro is UV rated. It is the only color that is. Colors will fail quicker for sure.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

all of the macro line I have gotten from the macroline guy has come in stiff and hard to cut

Quote Originally Posted by vintage View Post
    all of the macro line I have gotten from the macroline guy has come in stiff and hard to cut
    It is meant for HER pleasure, not yours