Thread: Anyone have a great source for o-rings these days?

Anyone have a great source for o-rings these days?

Title says it all. Tank o-rings? X-valve o-ring kits? I use compressed air not CO2 it that matters.

I would say oring monkey.

Oring monkey doesn't sell or stock urethane orings. They suck about that.

I have thought about making oring kits for mags, but the call for them is very little, since you can still get them through AGD & Tuna.

But if you want something specific, LMK. I do have oring kits, specifically for ICD, but an oring is an oring.

Cyco-Dude Guest
    if you need to rebuild a valve, just get the kit. it's probably cheaper than trying to build your own kit, as you would likely have to order in bulk before they got cheap enough. 90-duro urethane tank o-rings (size 015) can be purchased in bulk on ebay, or most paintball stores really.

Since we are talking orings, I'll mention storage in case you order extra orings.

Just an idea for everyone to keep your orings organized and stored in such a manner that will maximize their lifespan. I have been involved in discussions before about the best way to store orings to maximize their lifespan and two things always came up...keep them in the dark and sealed from exposure to air.

I use a little trick that some of you might find useful. It also allows you to coat the orings in oil or grease and store them neatly. It is fairly cheap and effective and is a better option than small plastic bags if you ask me.

Contact lens cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post

, but an oring is an oring.
    I totally disagree. An oring is NOT an oring. AGD orings are not standard off the shelf orings. They are actually hand picked and guaranteed for tolerance now. That is why the L10 kits only come with a few carriers now. They are that close. Most people don't know that.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

Hey! I like that idea. I'll have to steal some of my wife's contact cases now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I totally disagree. An oring is NOT an oring. AGD orings are not standard off the shelf orings. They are actually hand picked and guaranteed for tolerance now. That is why the L10 kits only come with a few carriers now. They are that close. Most people don't know that.
    True, but my statement was more to the general use orings, not any specific use orings like in the L10 or on/off area. In the ICD Freestyle, there are some specific orings that you need. Urethane where it requires, even some duro 90 urethane. So to a point, we are both right. Some orings are interchangeable and some are not. You might get lucky with a buna, but more likely you won't and need to go back to spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaman View Post
    I did not know this, now I do,

oring monkey would not be the way to go for your mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    True, but my statement was more to the general use orings, not any specific use orings like in the L10 or on/off area. In the ICD Freestyle, there are some specific orings that you need. Urethane where it requires, even some duro 90 urethane. So to a point, we are both right. Some orings are interchangeable and some are not. You might get lucky with a buna, but more likely you won't and need to go back to spec.
    You are right in that respect. Most other guns do not care what orings you use.

The tolerances on mags are a little tighter than on most other guns. To make mags work at their best, you should be using the proper sized orings, with the proper tolerances.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.