Thread: "Best" low-rise clamping feed neck?

"Best" low-rise clamping feed neck?

I want a solid clamping feedneck to put on my MM2k9. It's a threaded feedneck so I'm not sure what options there are. I'm just planning to use a gravity-fed hopper on this mag for now. Gloss black or gray would be preferred. Please feel free to post pics of what you recommend too. Thanks a ton!

ccm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/391027815282?redirect=mobile

Nano or Violent, whichever you can find.

Thanks guys! I'll check them out.

I've never heard of Violent! Are they associated with any manufacturers I would know?
    Last edited by SpyderBoy; 03-23-2015 at 03:30 PM.

I have had a bunch of the CCM's and have had no problems with them, have also had a couple of RPG sub-zero's and they have been good too and probably look the best but if I had to buy something right now I would go with one of the AKA's. They are built tough like the RPG and in between the height of the CCM no-rise and no-pro.

http://www.akalmp.com/feedtubes.html

going_home, are the axe/mini threads the same as angel threads?

I have an AKA on my MM2K9 and it looks nice and they are cheaper thoically than CCM or the Violent.

Quote Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
    going_home, are the axe/mini threads the same as angel threads?
    This Empire Nano Axe feedneck threaded right on the Angel threaded XMT body with no resistance at all :

That is a svelte marker there GH!

If you plan on using a Dye Rotor, my secret combo is the best. I've spent about $400 bucks in trial and error. You find an old Angel Joy Fly on e-bay, and put one of the Dye tops on it. It may cost you $60+, but well worth it with a Rotor. Works perfect.

photo angeltomag_zpsc19b3dd4.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I'm not sure what loader I'm going to use yet, but that is good information.

FYI - "factory direct" dust black no-pro 29.38 shipped

http://store.chipleymachine.com

I feel like best is really subjective.. The "Best" Low rise feed neck I could get was the empire one that was on sale at my local shop for $25... It was so cheap I couldn't pass it up!

My only suggestion is to make SURE you buy a feedneck with the correct threads!

My thoughts exactly, easy to find was top of the list. When the local shop had nothing I made the decision based on price.

I emailed that ebay seller to verify the threading (auction doesnt appear to list which threads) who I had coincidentally just ordered a prophecy loader from but got no response to my inquiry.

That's not good.. Either they don't know what the threads are or they don't care.... I wouldn't buy unless I knew what the threads are!

Which is lower, the nano or the violent? And has anyone confirmed the threading on those yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Merce View Post
    Which is lower, the nano or the violent? And has anyone confirmed the threading on those yet?
    Both are about the same as far as it goes to being low. And also both work on at least ULE bodies (that I have tested). Nano is little nicer, but they don't make them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    Both are about the same as far as it goes to being low. And also both work on at least ULE bodies (that I have tested). Nano is little nicer, but they don't make them anymore.
    Not that it's necessary, but I picked up a violent axe/mini based on this thread and can confirm that it works perfectly on a ULE body. It's about as low as it can get (no gap between the clamping part of the neck and the flattop on the ULE body at all when it's fully threaded).

Quote Originally Posted by zulubravo44 View Post
    Not that it's necessary, but I picked up a violent axe/mini based on this thread and can confirm that it works perfectly on a ULE body. It's about as low as it can get (no gap between the clamping part of the neck and the flattop on the ULE body at all when it's fully threaded).
    That's awesome. I litterly just ordered one as well based on this and was wondering myself

Empire uses ICD threads for their feednecks. They are very similar to Angel threads. So you might get lucky and it threads right in. Sometimes it won't go. You are literally rolling the dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Empire uses ICD threads for their feednecks. They are very similar to Angel threads. So you might get lucky and it threads right in. Sometimes it won't go. You are literally rolling the dice.
    That is true. But as long as you don't force it there should be relatively small danger of doing any damage.

On my experience these two feednecks have gone into ULE bodies with no resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Laku View Post
    That is true. But as long as you don't force it there should be relatively small danger of doing any damage.

On my experience these two feednecks have gone into ULE bodies with no resistance.
    Not talking about damage, more to the fact that some will go in fine, some will go in okay but loose, some 1 or 2 threads. So you might get lucky or you might not. It really depends on how well or how poorly the threads were made.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Not talking about damage, more to the fact that some will go in fine, some will go in okay but loose, some 1 or 2 threads. So you might get lucky or you might not. It really depends on how well or how poorly the threads were made.
    Gotcha. I misunderstood, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderBoy View Post
    That is a svelte marker there GH!
    Thanks.

Bought another Violent feedneck on eBay today for the Chord mag.

Got my violent feedneck in. Fit real nice on my xmt ule minimag

I bought a Violent too. Don't have my mag back yet to see if it fits though... :P
    Looks nice!

Lol new mag fashion trend

Yeah... Maggots are a bunch of fashionista lemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderBoy View Post
    Yeah... Maggots are a bunch of fashionista lemmings.
    Well....